timing chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what's the torque specs for the two bolts I need take off in order to access the chain to check the tension?

If you're talking about the 2 bolts that hold the cam cover on, it's 7.2 ft lbs, or 10 newton meters. If it's the chain tensioner its the same. The tensioner end cap, 12mm bolt head, is 27 ft lbs, or 38 newton meters. All this is according to the manual. 27 ft lbs on the end cap bolt sounds a bit much to me. I always to engine covers by feel.

Like I said 27 ft lbs on that seems too tight to me, I've never torqued it to that spec. Hell the head bolts only get torqued to 29 ft lbs. Thats too much for that little bitty end cap bolt. Most of us that have been at this for a while do it by feel anyhow. Our wrists click when we get to the torque spec, lol. Except for fasteners that NEED to be torqued, head bolts, cam bolt, clutch bolt, etc... do we break out the torque wrench.

Ah, the voice of experiance, aye bones? I don't know why it has 27 in the manual. Unless I skipped to the next line and read wrong #.

Back