Timing Chain Replacement Interval

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deuce

Reaction score
How often should timing chains be changed in the Warrior? I know in the Thumpers, its about every year... but then again they are different animals from the Warrior.

Also what brand of chain does everyone use? I know OEM is usually the way to go, but DID also makes cam chains (as well as some of the best drive chains).

Dunno how often, but I have upgraded to a DID in mine and I think I should be good on it for many years.

If U ever take the engine apart, then I would. Proly ever 4-5 yrs., my guessing.
DID is Good!!
How old is your bike? If it's only 2-3 yrs. old, I'd ck. the cam chain tensioner 1st..
Make sure the bike is in nuteral, then take the bolt out of the end of the tensioner & then take the tensioner off. Ck. it out & see if it will pull out any more. If it won't then U need a new chain, if it will pull out more ur OK. Put it back to gether. There is a spring where U took the end bolt out, so watch & don't loose it. Put the spring back in & flip the little keeper arm up & push the adjuster rod back in & put the spring in & then put the bolt back in, then put it back on the cylinder. Be careful when tightening the small 8mm bolts to the cyl., they will strip out. The mounting bolt tourqe on 7.2ft.lbs., but they feel like they will strip out so I tighten to feel & the end bolt tourqes at 27ft. lbs..
Hope this helps.

Back