timeing chain

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
well i went to put new valve seals into today got them in and put it back together but when i went to put on the timeing chain it wasnt hooking on the bottom sproket or some thing and its like 1/8-1/4 inch to low and i really dont wanna take the head and all that back off

you dont need to take the head off to get the chain on. If it did come off the bottom sprocket and u cant get it back on, then take off the stator cover and put it back on. Off course you will most likely need a new gasket or buy some gasket goooo. I dont know what ur talkin bout the 1/8 or 1/4 inch to low? If your talkin about chain slacking, the chain tensioner will take care of that.

the 1/4 in is the sprocket is to far down from the shaft and it wuld prolly be easier to take the head back off so i dont loose all my new oil

I don't know how your chain can be too short. It must be caught on something. Drain the oil, take the stator cover off and check it out! Get it back on the lower sprocket, slip it on the top sprocket and line up the timing marks. Install the cam chain tensioner and reseal the stator cover.

sounds like the removable chain guide (front one) is not seated correctly. Need to pull the top end off and get it right. Should not need to take the head off the cylinder. That rail can be a pain sometimes

took the head of and the chain was behind the sproket fixed and runs good now

Back