timeing chain guide

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
is the front timeing chaing guide important cuz the little peice of metal that holds mine on broke off and i was think that if all it did was hold the guide in place and all that guide did was keep the chain from comeing off when the chain is losten that i could just jb weld it all back together or something cuz i dont have money to buy a new case right now due to paying off truck i just want it to be rideable to have for fun and to get from place to place every now and then

That is a major piece as it takes the pressure of chain from the adjuster on the other side. At the very least take it to be welded.

o dude can you get a picture of it. I think if i understand what your talking about its the same thing that happend to me. Post it up here if you can please b/c i want to find out what to do.

where its at i cant get a pic of it cuz i havent got the magneto off yet but would a pic the the broken peice of metal help

ill get one tmr but you cant see anything where its broken just looking at it it is all fine

The magnito is that the flywheele im having a total brain fart right now i havent seen my engine in over 2 months so idk what everything is now off the top of my head.

cases are like 30 bucks on ebay

Umm i wish they were. Maybe before there bid on there 30 but by the time they end there up to at 50-80. It dont matter the guy thats working on my engine is getting me a whole warrior engine thats in parts for $40

Okay i still have to get it pulled too. I think im going to buy a puller because knowing me im going to be wanting to put a stroker in in a few years so i will need it then and my friend is also reabuilding his bottom end and he will need it.

sorry it took so long i had to get the magneto pulled to get a pick
Picture021dyhjrheheyh.jpg

Picture017dfhdh.jpg

my dads takeing it to a semi friend of ours who owns a welding shop (we met him thro haveing an axle welded and ended up buying a quad off of him lol) to see how much he wants and if he can do it and if its resonable he will do it if not jb weld is going to have to work

by the way how in the world does this happen the only thing i can think of is carlessness putting the head back on or something

Well the guy that had it before me he didnt tighten the bolt on the cam down so when he turned off the engine. The crank cept going and snaped the cam sproket off the cam sending everything flying around in there and it snaped a peice off that its not the whole thing like yours, i only have a little peice come off like 2-4 millimeters big.

So have you dont any work to it yet? I need to know how it gos, i just got my engine back last week from the guy that was going to fix it but he got too packed with paying customers and now i have to do it. I think im going to just buy another case though.

i just jb welded it its not a high pressure part the way i look at it i can put some jb weld on it into the head and it should go anywhere

o well i just won a case on ebay, im gunna be racing with a lot more stress on it then most people would put on there motors so i thought just better be safe then sorry.

Back