Time to resurrect the Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxatvracer10

Reaction score
Sup everyone? I have finally talked the ol' lady into riding with me, so now its time to bring the Warrior back to life. It's a 2000 model that has been sitting for nearly two years now. It was running fine when it was parked. So other than a new battery, changing the oil and gas, what else should I check out and/or replace? It has been outdoors, but at least it is under a lean-to. Any advice or tips on where to obtain parts for little $$$ is appreciated!

Since its been sitting for 2 years it wouldn't hurt to clean out the carb, clean and re-oil the air filter, grease all the zerks and check all the electrical systems to see if there is any rodent damage.

yup, i had a mouse nest in my airbox after parking it for a weekend once. full of birdseed!!! >:D

Funny you say this because just last weekend I was going to clean the filters on my car and YFZ. I pop the seat of the 4fiddy and there lays a dead mouse under the filter. I can only imagine what may be lurking under the warrior since it has been outside :eek:

When I bought my 2000 in October it had been sitting for 3 years outside in AZ. I changed oil and filter, lubed the chain, greased it, drained gas, cleaned carb, replaced air filter (mummified mouse) pressure washed it, and charged the battery.

Then it sat in the garage until last weekend, took out for my maiden run on it in dunes, and did ok. Hopefully I didn't overlook anything else.

Here are a couple from back before the YFZ. I'll try to get some of it before I start working on it, but overall I'd say it doesn't look too different from these other than flat tires and dust. ;D

warrior4.jpg

warrior1.jpg

warrior2.jpg

Back