ticking/wont start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger2

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just bought an '01 warrior.
The good: Pretty nice quad. Plastics are in decent shape, new tires, new axle, battery and a FMF Megamax II exhaust. And it only set me back $200. Can't complain right?
The bad: previous owner said he was riding and it starting ticking really loud. Rather than shutting it off and pushing it home or even going to get his truck, he adjusted the carb so it would keep running to get him back home. He said he checked the valves and they looked good and seems to think the bottom end needs rebuilt. Hopefully not!
I'm not able to pick the bike up until Friday, so I haven't been able to take a look at it yet. I know, I'm jumping the gun here but its all I can think about!
Any suggestions on where to start or maybe what might be wrong?
I know, I know, check the valves, readjust the carb That's first on my list but given that doesn't fix her, I'd like to have some back up suggestions on que.
Thanks guys!

Tiger2 out.

If it's the bottom end. Your not into it much. Put a hotrods stroker crank in her!

He said it was in the motor. I haven't seen it yet other than photos. I would rebuild the bottom end if that's what it takes but I wouldn't be upset if I didn't have to put any more money in it right away. :p

I hate to burst your bubble but unless your seller is real mechanically dumb, your gonna be putting at least some $ into a 200 dollar quad IMO. LOL Just be prepared to spend if you must. The good thing is parts are readily available and not near as expensive as parts for other bikes...Go Get em Tiger!

Well guys, I just laid eyes on her for the first time and let me tell you, she is SEXY!
The plastics look better than they did in the photos. The RAZRs on the back are HUGE!
the brush guard is pretty beat up but that was to be expected.
I'll get some photos uploaded in the morning when I get her home.
Be ready to help troubleshoot! I'll be turning wrenches all day. :D

Does anyone know if i can upload photos from my phone?

Well guys, I hit the jackpot! Got her home, adjusted the tensioner, filled her up with oil and fresh gas, a little sea foam and she runs like a strapped @$$ ape! :D

Back