Ticking toward front of head?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarriorPride87

Reaction score
I have a very distinctive tic in the front of my head it has plenty of power I tried taking the exhaust off and you can still hear hear it with it unbolted I thought it might be a exhaust leak. Should I be worried? It's doing it as soon as you start it. Any suggestions? Thanks in advanced!

Ok so I adjusted the valves and It didn't ease the tick at all any ideas?

make a video for us and we can get alittle bit better idea of the ticking. the warrior's tick a hell of a lot in stock forum

you take feeler gages and check the clearence bettween the rocker arm and the valve not sure about what the clearence is but you can probably google that

It is going to be noisey. These engines are known for loud valvetrains. Unless you put in HD valve springs, and a Megacycle cam, then it will be as quiet as a new car.

It is going to be noisey. These engines are known for loud valvetrains. Unless you put in HD valve springs, and a Megacycle cam, then it will be as quiet as a new car.

Does it have to be a megacycle? Cause I have heard from guys running hc's with hd springs that are really quite also. Just didn't know if the megacycle cans are even quieter?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

for the smoke yeah one of the 2 check your compression with a gage and see what it is at.also does itsatrt hard when its warm?

Does it have to be a megacycle? Cause I have heard from guys running hc's with hd springs that are really quite also. Just didn't know if the megacycle cans are even quieter?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Idk. I just know that the Megacycle 252x1 in mine is as quite as the one in my friends warrior.

Then I'm guessing it's your valve seals for the smoke cause bad rings start hard when the motor is warm.

Back