Throttle sticking, but not...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gawarrior

Reaction score
Last few times I've ridden, every once in while the throttle will hang wide open, and I have to shut it off. But I can work the throttle and feel the slide moving correctly. When I crank it back up, it works great til it hangs up again...Don't believe throttle is actually getting stuck open, but that's the best way to describe it. Anyone have any similar issues?

mine is idleing ridiculously high, so high it pulls itself like im hard on the throttle.

mine is idleing ridiculously high, so high it pulls itself like im hard on the throttle.

Did you make any changes to exhaust or air intake? If you're running really lean, the idle screw won't have much effect on idle. Also, check the air mixture screw, get it idling, count turns closed til it wants to die, then count turns open til it wants to die... 1/2 way between the 2 is the correct setting.

ga, did ya check the intake boot for splits? You can always pull the plastic cover off the carb and spray wd40 on the thottle linkage. That, and maybe pull the carb off and clean the throttle plate (butterfly valve). It could have **** built up where it goes through the carb and hinges.

ga, did ya check the intake boot for splits? You can always pull the plastic cover off the carb and spray wd40 on the thottle linkage. That, and maybe pull the carb off and clean the throttle plate (butterfly valve). It could have **** built up where it goes through the carb and hinges.

No, haven't checked intake boot...Didn't think about it, honestly...I know carbs clean, just went through it a few weeks ago and did pen spring mod... Only started happening within the last week. But I'll idle it and spray around intake with starter fluid, that'll point it out or rule it out...lol

intake boot is probably got a small crack letting it suck alil air and causing it to run lean

Did you make any changes to exhaust or air intake? If you're running really lean, the idle screw won't have much effect on idle. Also, check the air mixture screw, get it idling, count turns closed til it wants to die, then count turns open til it wants to die... 1/2 way between the 2 is the correct setting.

Ive got it figured out I think, The hose that goes from the carb to the airbox was disconnected so it was sucking massive amounts of air, also, my exhaust tip or silencer or whatever you wanna call it came loose from the rest of the exhaust, i think thats why its been idleing high.

Back