Throttle Response Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLYamWar

Reaction score
When gunning the throttle in gear it delays about a 1/2 to 1 second. Any thoughts?:???:

That's very possible Frit. Didn't think about that but it has been stuck in the past. Thanks I will check. What can I do to keep it from sticking in the future?

Yep, use a clicker pen spring. I lightly cleaned my plunger with scotch bright to remove the build up that develops on it. Worked like a charm. If you haven't done it yet, you may want to try doing the valve stem cap trick also. I didn't do it but after swapping springs mine worked great and had NO throttle hesitstion.

Could the spark plug be the issue too? The reason I ask is cause I just received my Iridium spark plug (thanks Beastmode for the type of plug needed), replaced it, and throttle response is dead on. Although for the hell of it I might just go ahead and check the accelerator pump.

It was the spark plug. Pulled the carb, checked the accelerator pump and is operating correctly.

Ya I can already tell a difference. Throttle responds right away believe the old plug was way over due to be replaced. I would take it out every now and then to clean for the past 2-3 years lol.

Back