Throttle keeps freezing up???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
I live in upstate ny and its been cold here, my throttle keeps freezing up, has anyone had this problem? I lubed all cables and the thumb lever, still does it... No water in gas or anything like that. Has 93 octane with a touch of isoheat.

If you've done the cap and spring mod take a look and see if the cap split in half. It happens sometimes and Jams up the throttle

Freezes like literally if I ride it then park it it will freeze, and if im riding on a cold night and hit some water it will freeze, but I cant find anywhere moisture would be getting in..

I have done this to snowmobiles and it worked for me. Take the thumb throttle apart and spray it liberally with WD40 and spay lots of WD40 down the cable till it comes out the other end. WD40 disperses moisture and no more freezing.

Take the cover off of the thumb lever, spray some pb blaster down your cable and either silicone or hot glue or somthing it back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back