throttle cap

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really good. Not only that but you done it yourself which makes it that much better. good work.

Thanks Pelphrey. Im thinking of doing the brake reservoir cap to, but all them tiny letters {especially the japanese ones} will be really hard to sand in between.

Thanks Pelphrey. Im thinking of doing the brake reservoir cap to, but all them tiny letters {especially the japanese ones} will be really hard to sand in between.

Wire wheel will take care of it....

If not lay down a good primer and paint over that.

You could also just polish the brake cap. That's what I did and it turned out nice. But I really wouldn't worry about sanding that much, paint will stick to anything. A few weeks ago we painted a chevy cavalier with fire orange latex house paint and we didn't even as much as wash the thing before we started, and the paint is on there good enough that you can walk all over it and it still looks fine.

[quote:gr8leaen]Thanks Pelphrey. Im thinking of doing the brake reservoir cap to, but all them tiny letters {especially the japanese ones} will be really hard to sand in between.

If not lay down a good primer and paint over that. [/quote:gr8leaen]

I don't think i'd try a wire wheel, it would tear straight through that aluminum before it did anything useful

[quote:7josusea]

If not lay down a good primer and paint over that.

I don't think i'd try a wire wheel, it would tear straight through that aluminum before it did anything useful[/quote:7josusea]

You can get wire wheels made from diffrent materials, like brass or stainless. that wont dig into the aluminum. you could always just soak it in paint stripper.

[quote:nowt5jaw]

I don't think i'd try a wire wheel, it would tear straight through that aluminum before it did anything useful

You can get wire wheels made from diffrent materials, like brass or stainless. that wont dig into the aluminum. you could always just soak it in paint stripper.[/quote:nowt5jaw]

AirPlane Paint Stripper and a ToothBrush. Dont forget the rubber glove's cause it will burn your skin, but it will also remove most of the rust on anything and all the paint.

Im gona sand as much as i can on the rezzy cap and paint it hopefully it will turn out good.

Its dupli-color heat resistant paint, i bought it just to paint my heat shield on my exhaust and it looked good so i decided to paint the cap too.

Back