This is what I'll be riding this weekend.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like hill climbs, but when there is a boulder you have to ride over on a 60* slop, that ain't for me. Especially when that boulder sticks out a good foot and a half.

If I was in an inclosed cab I'd be more ready to try it. You should have seen the monster I went up yesterday! Over 300 feet tall, rocky, rutted, boulders, rock slabs, steep, loose dirt, you name it, it had it. Was the only one on a sport quad to do it. Pinned throttle in 2nd, and got air over some of the rock slabs. Got to the top and my hands and jaw were shaking from the adrenaline. ****** kicked that bitches ass!!! Lol. Rode twice yesterday, and for 7 hours today. Did every green and ever blue trail. Several more then once. Gave one black trail a shot, wasn't bad until we got to a near vertical hill climb that was nothing but slabs. Only one way up, and that's with a winch. Sorry, not my cup up tea. Rather ride like hell and make it hard, then have it be hard and tear my machine up. The blue trails were pretty damn hard in many areas. Hell, even some of the green are no joke. The switch backs on trail 31 are killer fun! Powerslide around the turn in 2nd, and cram the throttle to the stops and fly up the other side. Got lots of air on them, too. Bike ran freakin PERFECT! Was having to up shift on all the hills we rode. This system is a real challange, and NO ONE should attempt it without their bike being in top mechanical condition. Already making plans to go to another system this coming spring.

That bike from 88-00 is great. I have an 88 4x4 that I built. Nothing wrong with it.

Almost forgot... I said to my dad, "my bike musta sounded awesome going up that monster hill." He said ,"yeah, it sounded like a rat engine going down the drag strip." Then I asked him, "did those guys say anything when I got to the top?" (there were 2 dirt bikers watchin at the bottom), he said," yeah man, they were like, what the **** does he have in that thing!" My dad responded," I don't know exactly, but it's got about 30 horse power, he built it, and he's crazy enough to run it like it's ment to be run!" So score one for the wardogs!

If I was in an inclosed cab I'd be more ready to try it. You should have seen the monster I went up yesterday! Over 300 feet tall, rocky, rutted, boulders, rock slabs, steep, loose dirt, you name it, it had it. Was the only one on a sport quad to do it. Pinned throttle in 2nd, and got air over some of the rock slabs. Got to the top and my hands and jaw were shaking from the adrenaline. ****** kicked that bitches ass!!! Lol. Rode twice yesterday, and for 7 hours today. Did every green and ever blue trail. Several more then once. Gave one black trail a shot, wasn't bad until we got to a near vertical hill climb that was nothing but slabs. Only one way up, and that's with a winch. Sorry, not my cup up tea. Rather ride like hell and make it hard, then have it be hard and tear my machine up. The blue trails were pretty damn hard in many areas. Hell, even some of the green are no joke. The switch backs on trail 31 are killer fun! Powerslide around the turn in 2nd, and cram the throttle to the stops and fly up the other side. Got lots of air on them, too. Bike ran freakin PERFECT! Was having to up shift on all the hills we rode. This system is a real challange, and NO ONE should attempt it without their bike being in top mechanical condition. Already making plans to go to another system this coming spring.

Perfect description. I cant wait to go back.

You should hook up with us the next time we go, dead. My dad would love to go back before the year is up. Like end of October, beginning of November. We'd like to ride Pocahantus, Indian Ridge, and Pennicle Creek all in one shot, because they hook together. But, we really enjoyed Rock House, and are not opposed to riding it again soon. Only way we can go again that soon is if we have several people commited to going, so we can split the cost. No way we can afford it on our own again.

You should hook up with us the next time we go, dead. My dad would love to go back before the year is up. Like end of October, beginning of November. We'd like to ride Pocahantus, Indian Ridge, and Pennicle Creek all in one shot, because they hook together. But, we really enjoyed Rock House, and are not opposed to riding it again soon. Only way we can go again that soon is if we have several people commited to going, so we can split the cost. No way we can afford it on our own again.

Yeah, I'd like to go down and do another system as well. I hear Bear Wallow is a fun one too. But the three for one deal would be great.

I'll have to wait a while though, I got a wedding in September next year and my fun money is going to wards that for a while, so no big quad trips from this guy until everything is paid off for that. Getting old can be lame. Hahaha

Yeah, I'd like to go down and do another system as well. I hear Bear Wallow is a fun one too. But the three for one deal would be great.

I'll have to wait a while though, I got a wedding in September next year and my fun money is going to wards that for a while, so no big quad trips from this guy until everything is paid off for that. Getting old can be lame. Hahaha

did you ever finish the mad cow?

and if i drive up would yall split costs with me???

did you ever finish the mad cow?

Nope, not yet but I can finally get back to it now. I finished up some other projects and got some stuff done. I also just quit my job and got my business running at full steam. So, the warrior is next on my list. I got to clean it and get a few things taken car of. Have to drop the jug off at the shop to get it bored to the new piston im putting in. Also need to reseal the front tires, install and tune the new carb, get my cooler fan hooked up and slap your rotor skids on it. All in due time here soon.

and if i drive up would yall split costs with me???

im sure we could work something out. It would be wicked to wheel with you man and see Wall-e in person!

Nope, not yet but I can finally get back to it now. I finished up some other projects and got some stuff done. I also just quit my job and got my business running at full steam. So, the warrior is next on my list. I got to clean it and get a few things taken car of. Have to drop the jug off at the shop to get it bored to the new piston im putting in. Also need to reseal the front tires, install and tune the new carb, get my cooler fan hooked up and slap your rotor skids on it. All in due time here soon.

im sure we could work something out. It would be wicked to wheel with you man and see Wall-e in person!

sweet!!

983 miles... i cant run the tires im putting on it this fall hmmm :tup: sounds fun!

lets see, 130 gallons of diesil roughly. so im looking at about 450 in just gass up there and back.. but im game, let me get my bunch ready and we can get my crew of 5 to go and bring the race trailer, ill bring all the toys yall hear about :D i doubt we can go this fall tho.

Back