This damn carb....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it was fine the first time I jetted it, then this happened. But the only thing I did was change the main jet. Maybe something was stuck in the main jet and got lodged in the main jet holder?

Yea, but that doesn't really explain why it gets better as more load is put on the motor. Won't hurt to check though.

Well the main jet holder is fine, nothing obstructed, but taking the main jet off gave me another idea, the splash guard. Maybe the warrior motor isn't creating enough vacuum to pull the fuel past it, and I might have put it on after changing the main jet.

They do have metric screws, but nothing that small. They're all M6 and above.

It's really weird how canada, an officially metric country has more SAE sized hardware than metric. :mad:

::) Try Canadian Tire. They have a nice little fastener section, with all kinds of little drawers filled with every metric nut, bolt, washer you could ever want. Move a few feet to your right and you can choose from the purdy stainless steel hardware bins for a few cents more.

Then there's Brofasco, Spanar, Home Depot, Princess Auto....They all sell metric machine screws in hex head, socket head or flat blade..

GL with the carb!

Steve

[quote:dezkhibq]They do have metric screws, but nothing that small. They're all M6 and above.

It's really weird how canada, an officially metric country has more SAE sized hardware than metric. :mad:

::) Try Canadian Tire. They have a nice little fastener section, with all kinds of little drawers filled with every metric nut, bolt, washer you could ever want. Move a few feet to your right and you can choose from the purdy stainless steel hardware bins for a few cents more.

Then there's Brofasco, Spanar, Home Depot, Princess Auto....They all sell metric machine screws in hex head, socket head or flat blade..

GL with the carb!

Steve[/quote:dezkhibq]

Thanks, I've tried home depot but they don't ahve anything that small. I've never noticed a fastener section in any of the canaddian trie's I've been to but it won't hurt to try. Never heard of brofasco or spanar though. Princess auto is too far, but it's an amazing store. I bought headlights for my warrior for $15 brand new.

i ya i know what you are talking about, my dad's company deals through fastenall, i might try to get some and send them to you i'll lok around and try to order some, mine are messed up also allen head ones would be great

I haven't taken my carb off/apart yet.
Do you know the spec on these screws you are talking about?
Diameter, thread pitch, length under head.
I am assuming they are currently a pan head philips or a cheese head philips.
If I have any in my bins I will mail you a set Mad man Cow.

BTW CTC stores usually have a large fastener section.

Don't know the specs, but I can measure everything but thread pitch. I could probably call up suzuki/yamaha and ask them. The problem is that the 2 screws that hold the diaphragm cover on have a wider, unthreaded part under the head, forgot what it's called.

Also, what's CTC?

Pitch can be calculate by counting how many threads there are in a centimeter.
I likely would not be able to help with the shoulder bolts (assuming the shoulder is necessary).
Attach pics.

CTC = Canadian Tire Corporation

Ok thanks, I'll get some really detailed pics (my camera has an amazing macro function :) )

Hopefully I'll be able to go to canadian tire today.

OK got some pictures--
Here's the float bowl screw next to a ruler:

Diaphragm cover screw:

Click the thumbnails for full size.

I counted 7 threads per 0.5mm on the first one, is that about right?

EDIT: Nevermind all that, I went to canadian tires and bought the right screws. It's amazing how I've been going to that store for years and just found out that they have a fastener section.

Hey MadCow, did you ever get the darn thing running right? I havent messe with mine all week. Its been too damn cold outside!!! I am going to try to get it on this afternoon.

Hey MadCow, did you ever get the darn thing running right? I havent messe with mine all week. Its been too damn cold outside!!! I am going to try to get it on this afternoon.

Well I live in the city, my warrior is a 1.5 hour drive away so I usually only get to it on weekends. I still haven't had the chance to screw with it yet. I think I figured it out though.

I have the same carb o nmy warrior and noticed that there is a small o-ring at the top next to the diaphram. make sure you have that in there, it is very easily lost.

I have the same carb o nmy warrior and noticed that there is a small o-ring at the top next to the diaphram. make sure you have that in there, it is very easily lost.

It's there, I dropped it a few times but I always put it back. Anyway, I bought another z400 carb and it should be coming in really soon.

I got scared shitless today because of this carb, I went through a big puddle and at the very end the motor just sputtered, died and wouldn't start. I thought that I got water into the motor. :eek: I was in the middle of a trail with no way to push it home, I tried to start it once last time and it worked. I've never been so relieved in my life. ;D

I was messin with my carb (Z400) on the warrior today.
I went to get a 150 main and 25 pilot.
If you remember before I was 5 turns out on the pilot.
Here is an UPDATE:
Put the 150 main in and the 25 pilot. I turned the mix screw out 1.5 turns thinking this would be enough...NOT. Bike still wopuld not run at idle untill I unscrewed the mix screw out to 3.5 turns. After that I got it to idle Bike wanted more fuel, now it kept on popping throught the carb when you gave it throtttle. UNLESS you gave it full throttle. then it was fine. Only at medium throttle it sputters and dies. So I Put the 155 main back in and it got a littlt better. BUT still sputters so I lifted the needle, again sputtered but ran better at mid throttle, so again I lifted the needle now the needle is at the 5 slot from the top. The bike takes throttle now but still sputtered. WTF.... I told myself OK you want fuel I'll give you fuel I unscrewed the mixture screw out til about 5 turns.
Now the bike runs frigin great, idles nice throttle responce is excellent and full throttle is welllllllllll lets just say my hand was slipery and lost my grip on the handle bars when I hit the throttle.

SO lets recap I have a 25 pilot mix screw is out 5 turns, main is 155 with the clip in the 5 slot from the top.

I will check the plug tomorrow.

Whent to the dealer and picked up my new air cleaner assembly and while I was at it I picked up a 27.5 pilot and put that in. Now the mix screw is out 4 turns??? well Iguesss it is better then 5 turns. I rased the needle cause my full throttle also had more pull, and it help with the off idle hit. This thing I guess just loves to drink gas ???. I guess I could try a 30 pilot jet. maybe that will get me too 3.5 turns out.

I also put the hot cams stage one in today and broke it in. I havent road it yet. Althow it does alow the starter to crank the engine over now that the bigger cam is bleeding off more cylinder psi :).

Back