thinkin bout replacing some gaskets

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgray44

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOP-...otorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_500wt_956

would this be a good kit to replace my top end gaskets??

thers a couple spots around the top of the head that i alittle oil comes out of. but this is something ive wanted to do for a while. the only thing is, if my warrior has a 400 big bore (like the guy i got it from told me) so i dont know what gaskets to get would these gaskets still fit or not?

and last, i dont wanna pull the fly wheel off....is this something im going to have to do to replace the gaskets? or can i just hang the timing chain in place with a hanger?

do you think insterting a small pick into the spark plug hole to feel the type of piston it has in it will tell me anything??

Last edited:
i ended up email cycle works racing since they make a 400 kit, gonna see what he sais and go from there!

you get your bolt situation figured out dune??

If you drop the timing chain its not that big of a deal. I have dropped mine, twice. Both times I pulled it back up with a stick magnet. Not saying it is something you want to do but......

A peice of bailing wire or a smmall bungee cord work good and no its still being a pain in the ass ill work with it tonight gotta go se my sis off she's going on a 2 month mission trip to africa to help at a ofinage so most of today is shot

Good luck with the gasket situation that would be sick to find a 400 kit in it

thats awesome that your sister is going to africa!!

yea i wanna find out whats inside of it but its getting nice out and i dont wanna tear everything apart and be down for a while ya know ahah.

and to be honest it doesnt "feel" like a 400 is in it but ive never been on a stock 350 or any 350 at that. i just wish there was an easy way to tell.

the guy from cwr emailed me back and said this....

my 400 kit is a 89mm bore on the stock stroke, the stock 350 gaskets will not work.there to small.
my 400cc gasket kit runs $45 for the head and base gasket.
on my kits the cases need to be bored to fit the larger sleeve.
the only way your going to know is to take the cylinder off and measure the inside diameter
should be 89mm
and you can clearly see the cases if they were bored or not.

now, hot rods makes a stroker crank and a smaller piston to get to 400 cc.
if thats the case then you need those parts only.

with rtv in there, someone did a really crappy job. never use that stuff on cases.
so i would be taking it apart and see whats going on.
greg

now i know for a fact that the case has been split right down the middle because there is rtv sealant between the 2 halves so all the signs are pointing to yes it MIGHT have the 400 in.

maybe i will just bite the bullet, rip the head off and measure it. ugh i dunnooooooo

i wanna say gray but dont quote me on that

Back