them 2 big nuts on the axle!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerman2701

Reaction score
them two big nuts on my axle keep coming loose after a session of riding and i have to hand tighten back up in the woods. i used a big ass pipe wrench and a pipe to put them suckers on as hard as i can but they keep coming loose? should i attempt to lock tite? im in fear if i do i will have a hard time backing them off ?

well i have the left most nut all the way off and i tighten the inner one as hard as i can, then i tighten the other one as tight as i can.

will do thanks man! gonna go for a ride tomorrow on the quad and tighten up them nuts before and see how it goes.

that should work, that's how it's supposed to be done minus using pipe wrenches. I used big ass crescent wrenches (not much better). Anyway if it doesn't work I'd give locktite a try, or an aftermarket locknut

I got locktite on mine and they stay tight. Haven't had an issue taking them off yet

loc tite makes different strengths.. get the weakest i think its green

NO NO NO green is not the weakest! use blue, its the weekest, red and green say you HAVE to use heat to remove them... green is pretty much like red i think only it will soak in once the nuts are already on, kinda like the opposite of pb blaster

Ya that green locktite is some bad stuff it was on the bolts holding onto my rear brake roter that's was a lot of pain and aganie if u use lock tite use the blue for sure and it won't come loose

there is a method to the madness as far as those nuts go. Also, when its all tight, is there any play in the carrier?

no play in the carrier i just replaced them bearings back there before this riding season, and got another axle since mine was bent a little. maybe i forgot to wipe some PB blaster off the threads when i was cleaning up the new axle and the nuts just gradually loosened themselves. thanks for the input yall

that damn nut backed off on me yet again when i thought i had it tighter than all hell! thats it im loctiting the some bitch....

that damn nut backed off on me yet again when i thought i had it tighter than all hell! thats it im loctiting the some bitch....

duct tape it!

or weld it to the axle lol. i put jb weld in between the two bolts and seemed to hold fine so far

haha damn you went all out! what if you wanna take the axle off?!

Back