..the weakest link

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corko1492

Reaction score
so.. my chain is loose and im gettin kinda mad about it. I go to tighten it and i dont have the right size allen wrench so i go to my neighbors down the road (who is also my cousin) and no one is home.. then i go to the neighbor that lives next to me and he says yeah go down to the barn and grab them.. so i go get them come back cant get the bolts off so finally i get the hammar out get all them out sept one.. ( which i stripped the head out ) and then i tried to turn the thing and i couldnt so i was gettin pretty mad cause there were little faggots around and i decided to just tighten the bolts up and ride..

ive never road harder in my life than today on my little track it was crazy.. so eventually im riding and im commin around a turn and i pull in the clutch and dump it and snapo there goes the chain.. its so wrapped up i cant even get it off i just laughed and pushed it back over to the house and we made jokes about it

ee7754f2.jpg

ee77549f.jpg

ha, there is the soncond quad you did that to, mine and yours, so hopefully you dont have the roller problem now!!!lmao

If thats 2 quads you've done it too you might want to think about getting a case saver!!!

i broke my chain before when i first got the quad and cracked a piece of my case right off. i had to ride it home with hot oil splashin all over my leg...it would be smart to get a case save dude. i need one too but can't find em.

Those case savers actually work? They look like there not strong enough to actaully stop the case from cracken...............

Any one actually save a case with one?

i do and i think plephrey said he dose to and it made by Noss mechine and its a chain guard and and case saver ill take a pic later today. it is also very strong

What caused the chain to snap like that?
Or was it just that worn out?

I had a guy tell me once, Chains dont reallt strecht like you think.

The metal doesnt stretch but a little......most of it is the pins wearing...............Truth? Ys think?

[quote:4liprzr7]If thats 2 quads you've done it too you might want to think about getting a case saver!!!

too late, he allreaddy cracked mine[/quote:4liprzr7]

umm no i didnt

damn warriorspeed. that looks bad! corko isnt the chain adjustment really easy on those things? ive got a 300ex (in addition to the warrior) and i know its really easy to adjust it, but i didnt know if it was the same chain adjustment system on a 400ex. shouldnt you have an allen wrench in the tool pouch that comes with them? thats the one i have always used.

warriors are pretty easy too but the bearings being bad and the axle being bent would always make it come un unugested (i have no clue how to spell that word)

warriors are pretty easy too but the bearings being bad and the axle being bent would always make it come un unugested (i have no clue how to spell that word)

'unadjusted'

or better yet

'out of adjustment'

::)
lol

What caused the chain to snap like that?
Or was it just that worn out?

I had a guy tell me once, Chains dont reallt strecht like you think.

The metal doesnt stretch but a little......most of it is the pins wearing...............Truth? Ys think?

Pick a new chain up and try to bend it sideways, then pick up an old chain and try it. The new one shouldnt flex much where as the old one will.

Also the chain being too loose would have made it easier to snap, when you would let off the gas the top of the chain would have all kinds of slack, then when you hit the gas it pulls up the slack real fast and snaps.

yeahh its easy to adjust i dont have a tool kit and i couldnt get that thing to move back so im like f it im gonna ride anyway and i rode and snapo

yeahh its easy to adjust i dont have a tool kit and i couldnt get that thing to move back so im like f it im gonna ride anyway and i rode and snapo

Have we learned anything here, Meathead?? ::)

Back