the puppy (a.k.a. yoter)

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorgirl09

Reaction score
Is gonna be parked for a very very long time in a few weeks... for a FULL ****** REBUILD! it's finally going to happen! swb late 80's model frame put under it, custom bed, bumpers, rock sliders and all built, geared 4.88, 35's, 8ish inches of lift and super flex springs and full creeper joints and creeper joint shackle mounts, 20r is being stroker to a 2.6l and massive head work done! 2mm OS stainless swirl polished valves, ported and polished and bronze lined guides and hardened nickle seats and decked .20 to bring the CR to around 10:1 and a comp cams 280h cam (.475 lift) it's gonna take about a year to a year and a half to build and thats just a short parts list... i'm going to have WAY to much money in it but hell what else do i have to spend it on? lol. it is my daily driver so you may ask what i'm going to be driving???? well i'm looking for a '70 through '72 swb chevy c10 :) i have a 350 4bolt i'm waiting on the last few parts for and she'll be ready to run! eagle crank, stock rods, 10:1 .40 over flat top hyper pistons, 461 double hump heads thats being works and stainless valves and ovate wire springs, and a comp cams mutha thumpr cam, weiand 10inch single plane intake and a 750cfm quadrajet :) i love my toys! now to find a truck. OH and btw i just moved to northern Arkansas
crappy grammar i know but i'm excited lol

wow that's a hell of a project good luck and pics girl lots of pics of the rebuild

I 2nd that. ^^^. Gotta have something to spend money on. Planning my stroker build for the wardog's extra engine. Going to try to get it together by the end of the summer.

at first i was thinking i could get it done over winter but i doubt it so it'll be road worthy by 2013 winter i hope... maybe lol since i'll be spending money and time on the chevy too lol

NOICE. DOnt leave us hangin with the rebuild. I like to see progress pics.

Here's what my brothers VERY SLOWWWW yota build is lookin like now. (engine is out now) Look how bad that frame was!
1497485419_photobucket_168732_.jpg

Some are better than others. A lot of the Jap trucks are prone to chassis rot. I put a trans in a mid 90's Nissan Hardbody, and had to do it on the alignment rack because the chassis was litterally collapsing on the 2 post lift. Meanwhile, our 1986.5 Hardbody has a GREAT chassis.

NOICE. DOnt leave us hangin with the rebuild. I like to see progress pics.

Here's what my brothers VERY SLOWWWW yota build is lookin like now. (engine is out now) Look how bad that frame was!

for sure! past 2 months my truck has caught 3 kinds of hell! broke the frame in 2 places... alot and kept welding it back, pulled the right read spring hanger loose and part of the chassis cam with it so it had a huge gaping hole in the frame and i welded all that back and finally i got dog ass drunk one night and a couple buddies stole the puppy and went a dug a creek bed out with it... warped the frame, bent the steering link, and ran it slap outta gas and i had to build the carb again. she has earned herself the right to a long vacation! taking me places i really shouldn't have been haha.
found me a '69 or '70 chevy! hope we can work out a deal

70-71 gmc jimmy is the best looking in that body, imo. Always liked them. Panel trucks and suburbans are great looking no matter the year.

'69 c10 swb stepside with FACTORY a/c, power steering, and power brakes! THING WAS LOADED! had the original matching numbers 307 and turbo 350 in it. body is almost perfect! needs a driver front fender and slight work on the driver back fender. it has a 1 inch by 1/2 inch spot of rust in the passenger rocker panel and perfect floor pans! $1500 and it runs... i'll be putting my built 350 in it and a 3 speed manual! i'm going to keep the matching numbers motor and tranny for IF i ever decide to sell it lol

That or... take the crank outta that 307 and put it in a 350 block and you"ll have a 327.

Too bad it's not a 283, then you could put the crank in a 350 block and make a screaming 302. Now that is fun! I was lucky enough to pick up a 1966 small journel 327. Was going to put it in my dad's 59 Apache, but after getting a 74 Nova from a friend with orig 350/350 10 bolt, we are going to save it for something special. That Nova drive train is getting built for the Apache instead.

Back