The LT is undergoing a little change

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2kwarrior

Reaction score
Well I cracked my swingarm in 4 places on a dune trip 1 1/2 months ago. So I decided it was a good time to git rid of the ugly yellow colored frame and yellow/blue plastics.

Before
lt250-3.jpg

The worst crack in the swinger
100_1447.jpg

tearing down
IMAG2073.jpg

And how it is sitting right now. I havent decided on a seat design yet, so im stuck with the ugly blue for now. I also couldnt decide on an engine color when I had it apart, but now that I have it mostly together, I decided im just going to paint it black, the chrome head, stator cover, water pump cover, etc should break the black up nicely. The new swinger I have for it is black, and the axle and hubs are red, and the tourqe link is red
103_1559.jpg

103_1558.jpg

103_1557.jpg

103_1556.jpg

103_1555.jpg

103_1554.jpg

Looks really nice. Looks like my z400 right now, no swinger on it. Mine got a hairline crack in it due to overtightening the chain adjuster nuts :mad: Its getting welded as we speak though. Have any problems getting the swing-arm bolt out? If you did'nt you should have lol, took us 4 hours yesterday to get mine out.

Looks a hell of a lot better. What did you do to crack the swingarm like that?

Looks really nice. Looks like my z400 right now, no swinger on it. Mine got a hairline crack in it due to overtightening the chain adjuster nuts :mad: Its getting welded as we speak though. Have any problems getting the swing-arm bolt out? If you did'nt you should have lol, took us 4 hours yesterday to get mine out.

My pivot bolt came right out ;D before you put the bolt back in grease the hell out of it, thats the only thing the previous owner did right on this thing. It helps them from freezing up. Are the new Zuki swingers steel or are they still aluminum?

Looks a hell of a lot better. What did you do to crack the swingarm like that?

The swingarms on these LT's are aluminum, and have a very poor shock mounting set up. This is a very common problem with these. The rear shock puts alot of stress on the bottom of the swinger and thats where they crack on 87-90 models, on 85-86 models it cracks by the bearing carriers, on 91-92 models they solved the problems. Mine cracked from to many 2nd gear launches in wet sand while dragging up the bowl, I also broke a chain doing the same thing.

That is one of the nicest lt250r i have ever seen..I was looking at a few of them but they all needed alot of work

Thanks. It was in good condition when I bought it, or so I thought. When I started stripping the yellow powdercoat off I found alot of rust on the frame. a couple of places were pretty bad. Now its rust free, new bearings where needed, new hardware where needed. Ive always been a big fan of black and red, This helps set it apart from the other yellow and blue LT's out on the sand. ;D

Well 2kwarrior the guy that had the z before me didnt take care of it and replace things when needed. I'm gona put "never seize" all over that thing tomorow before I put it back in. Oh and yeah my zuki's swinger is all aluminum, actually its built pretty beefy, but its my fault that it cracked :mad:

is that paint on the fenders and frame?

The frame is paint, the fenders are older dull plastics that I traded my yellow and blue ones for. And of course the mesh in the hood is painted the same color as the frame. Im just going to sand the fenders with some 2000 grit wet sand paper and then throw clear over them and they will look like new for awhile.

looks good man, ive never understood why suzuki mounted the rear shock like they did. it just doesnt seem right, the way they put it on the backwards pivot. but that looks like a real nice bike you've got there. be sure to get some pics of it once you get it all back together.

I wana see some action pics of that old 2 poker ;D

This little 2-"poker" ;D flys. My brother has a 03 Z400 yoshi exhaust, hot cams stage 2 cams, DRZ-400 base gasket (yes that actually makes a noticeable difference) and K&N filter, and I still spank him. Im hoping to hit the sand here in a couple weeks and since my girl is out with a torn rotator cuff i'll get her to take pics.

well here she is back on all 4, Im just needing a chain and then I'll be good to go, well that and a different seat.

103_1564.jpg

103_1561.jpg

103_1560.jpg

[quote:k5ctoi1h]I wana see some action pics of that old 2 poker ;D

This little 2-"poker" ;D flys. My brother has a 03 Z400 yoshi exhaust, hot cams stage 2 cams, DRZ-400 base gasket (yes that actually makes a noticeable difference) and K&N filter, and I still spank him. Im hoping to hit the sand here in a couple weeks and since my girl is out with a torn rotator cuff i'll get her to take pics.[/quote:k5ctoi1h]

I was'nt saying it did'nt fly, I was just being sarcastic about how a lot of people underestamate the old 2 strokes. Yeah the mods you listed for the z makes a lot of a difference but, I'd be willing to line up against you. Just because...well I like to dragrace and unless theres money involved the outcome is no big deal.

[quote:as24szgc]

This little 2-"poker" ;D flys. My brother has a 03 Z400 yoshi exhaust, hot cams stage 2 cams, DRZ-400 base gasket (yes that actually makes a noticeable difference) and K&N filter, and I still spank him. Im hoping to hit the sand here in a couple weeks and since my girl is out with a torn rotator cuff i'll get her to take pics.

I was'nt saying it did'nt fly, I was just being sarcastic about how a lot of people underestamate the old 2 strokes. Yeah the mods you listed for the z makes a lot of a difference but, I'd be willing to line up against you. Just because...well I like to dragrace and unless theres money involved the outcome is no big deal.[/quote:as24szgc]

I know you were, thats why I put the smiley after the 2-poker ;D I like 2-strokes and I like 4-strokes, each are strong in certain areas. I normally have at least one of each. Now Im down to my LT and my girls 400ex. I love dragging, It dosent bother me whether I win or lose. I just love surprising people. But I did get my ass handed to me by a couple of banshees, one had a 4mill cub engine, and the other had a 7 mill cub. I stayed with them about a 1/3 of the way up the bowl, then after that it was a sand shower. I race anybody that asks, cause you never really know what the outcome will be. I did race a Raptor 700 and beat him, but he missed a shift,and thats the only reason why I won. I did refuse to race him again though, just so I can say I beat one ;)

Damn banshees anyways lol. Yeah I drag anyone that wants to, although I do like to win I dont get all pissed off or make excuses if I do lose.

Back