the check list

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassballs818

Reaction score
So earlier this morning i picked up an '01 Scrambler 50 for my kid. It was posted on craigs list as having good compression with little to no spark. Catch is when i got there the guy tells me its been sitting for 6 years in this warehouse and they dont know if it runs at all even with good spark. Also he didnt know if the oil was drained when they recieved it years back.

I'm gonna strip it down and figure out the spark prob but what else do you think i'll need to get it running seeing that its been untouched for so long.

1) Gas tank cleaning
2) Carb rebuild kit
3)??????

I spent a couple hours on this today, tearing it down. The carb was shitted up and still had fuel in it and the oil injection tank was full also. There's oil and grease all over pretty much everything from the frame to the engine. I'm thinkin no matter what i'll have to open the case and do something.

After six years of sitting what might i expect when i open this jam?

the grease is probably from the oil line. unless they changed them (who knows i owned 2 late 80s polaris two strokes) there is no oil in the case

2 strokes dont have oil in the crank case they have oil in where the gears are though, the crank case and tranny are seperate. i wouldent open it up just drain the tranny fluid and put new oil in.

That sounds good enough to me, thanks. I'll just start with basics to see cause i still have tried to start it. I figured i'd cleanit all up before attemping major frustration.

Dude.....you have a kid? and I originally though you were getting a scrambler 500. hahahah I outta the loop.

Back