thanks chitownpete!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dons18w

Reaction score
Went and grabed the free stock tires and it was a very good day juast wanted to say thanks again!!!!!!

Your welcome Don. I will be taking you up on your offer of riding up on your land as soon as it warms up a bit. Thanks for being on time, youre a true gentlemen.

I saw on your signature you say your trac stars are junk? why do you say this? i was thinking about buying a front pair....

The sidewalls got several slices on them and they always leak at the bead (new rims, new tires). Remounted them with Ronnies mailorder and they worked for one ride then leaked again. Ronnies did a sloppy job mounting them in the first place and the second time they used that black stuff and it still leaks. Never had a single tire problem until these. Never again for Ronnies mailorder or Trac Stars. ITP told me "send them in". Im sick of shipping these all over the country only to have them work for one ride. Ive got a useless like new set of wheels and tires that Im stuck with. DO NOT buy wheels and tires from Ronnies unless they were mounted by ITP, they suck at tire mounting.

That sucks, but it doesn't have to be a total loss. Put tubes in them and they'll never leak again. It sucks that they weren't right to begin with, but with tubes they won't be completely useless anymore.

The sidewalls got several slices on them and they always leak at the bead (new rims, new tires). Remounted them with Ronnies mailorder and they worked for one ride then leaked again. Ronnies did a sloppy job mounting them in the first place and the second time they used that black stuff and it still leaks. Never had a single tire problem until these. Never again for Ronnies mailorder or Trac Stars. ITP told me "send them in". Im sick of shipping these all over the country only to have them work for one ride. Ive got a useless like new set of wheels and tires that Im stuck with. DO NOT buy wheels and tires from Ronnies unless they were mounted by ITP, they suck at tire mounting.
black stuff is called bead sealer..... at our shop we mix 50/50 with repair sealer.. works like a charm... also that could be the problem is that if you have old bead sealer on the rim and just pop on the tire you will not get a correct seal. i always take a wire brush to scrape off anything that might be on the rim.. and put on a generous helping of sealer...

Does anyone know where I can buy tubes? I have a bead breaker and could probably install them myself. I would like to get some use out of my trac stars since they have so much meat left on them.

They do grip and steer nice but the sidewalls have several slices on them. I only ride at one place and I have never had any cuts on the sidewalls even with the stock Raptor tires. These cuts happened on the 1st or 2nd ride and Im not that fast of a rider. I wish the Trac stars were good since they are light and are radials but they just arent very durable. If you do buy some please note that the 21/7/10 only measure 19.5 inches tall, this threw off my balance and made me too low in the front. In my case every thing about these tires was a disappointment, especially since I could have bought GNCCs or HDs for a little more. I will try to buy some tubes but these tires sucked big time.

Does anyone know where I can buy tubes? I have a bead breaker and could probably install them myself. I would like to get some use out of my trac stars since they have so much meat left on them.

I don't know what kind of places you have to shop in your area, but here the powersports keep tubes in atv sizes in stock, as well as Tractor Supply Company and a couple of the other farm/lawn equipment places.

when they are aired up, are they like balloon tires or more flat in top?

They are definately rounded, which is probably why they steered easily.

For $40 dollars they are the best tires in the world. If you have the ability to mount them you are all set. Mine leaked at like 6 to 12 different spots after each ride/remount/. Maybe I just got a bum pair or Ronnies phucked them up which wouldn't surprise me. Good luck, I had no complaints when they worked.

Back