Testing the market thinking about selling warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
Well I got bitten by the 400ex bug, got to ride my dads last year at little saraha and loved it, easier to ride felt lighter, easier to move around and all around was fun.

Right now mine is in bits some what its a 03 limited edtion from what have been told, red and black, got a minor jetting issue trying to work out, have to let it warm up before goosing it and ripping it up or will stumble, needs a chain and sprocket set, other than that its ok. I need to remanufacture the top front bumber mounts as a wreck ripped on out and stripped another, got couple parts need to gorilla super glue or epoxy, and needs a new battery, didn't put it on a tender this winter it went dead.

Other than that its good shape, I have the stock rims and tires, and for right deal would let some rear paddle go with it, mounted on honda rims that I drilled to fit the warrior. If I was to get the parts glued or epoxy back together and let her go right now what aould be a good starting price, I thought about 2k but that seems high. If I get a new battery and replace the chain and sprocket might be better at getting close to 2k. I want to sell it to get a 400ex so want to get the most I can, in my local CL I don't see any if much warrior's listed but do see a few 400ex's listed most those want to move up to 450's or just don't ride enough and there have been killer deals.

I thought about the z400 but the reviews said the motor was the only best thing, the handleing was weird, and the suspension sucked. Plus is honda has been around a long time has some good quailty stuff.

I would take a z400 over 400ex all day. But thats just me.

will look into the z400, but one thing here locally is the 400ex is more of, not much listed in other brands. Wouldn't think thats a bad thing.

I'd personally stick with the honda. 400 is a very good quad, and in 05 they added reverse. I also like air/oil cooled engines better than liquid cooled. I remember the older Z having water pump issues, because the coolant would react badly to the aluminum and magnessium. They also had frame weeknesses on the older bikes. If you don't jump a lot this prob wont be an issue. Don't get me wrong, it's a good bike and I have never ridden one, but I know the ex and that's the one I'd choose. But, I already have the perfect bike so no worries here.

Last edited:
imo the lt is a better quad. the technology is better, i have ridden them both, both great machines. but it is simply a better quad and easier to ride hard.

Back