Tank Issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njraptor

Reaction score
My friend and I both have the Raptor 350 and we are having problems now with the bike. We believe it is because we possibly filled up with Etanhol by accident. His bike stopped starting so we drained it and filled it up again and it worked fine for a day. Mine is starting to give me the same problem now and will only run if I have the tank on reserve. We ran the bikes last weekend and now both his reg tank and reserve tank are clogged up. How can we fix this problem for good?

Flush out the tank with some gas? Maybe take it off the bike so you can really make sure every drop is out! You may even need to flush the carb! I really don't have a clue as if this will work, just a suggestion.

I'd do what Flyinacez said and then instal a fuel filter to help prevent stuff from getting into the carb in the future.

Try removing the fuel petcock on the tank and made sure the little filters are not clogged up with something. Flush the tank with new clean fuel, drain the carb and put some carb cleaner through the carb, should solve any fuel related issues as described.

E-85 fuel should run fine you just cant let it sit for long cuz of water condisation

the carb is getting fuel correct??? if not the ethanol might have seized the needle valve...happened to me twice already....

i read that but he didnt anwser so i thought id ask again thinkin mabey he didnt see it or something

Back