Take a look a this setup

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mittenz

Reaction score
Ok, now we talk for talking, about what, a turbo setup :p

First take a look a this project http://www.turbinetech.ca/projet_detail.php?id=10&SESSID=0d8c94a21d6ffb64f66ed6cf6484ff5d

This is a company from here (Quebec) who made a turbo generator.

If someone here know this brand of generator, what kind of carburator it's on it and what is the engine displacement ?

I will contact this company soon for more informations, I think the same turbo used on this setup will work good for a turbo setup on a warrior/Raptor. Of course it will need a HUGE jet.

The only thing im not sure about is the piston for a blowed yfm350, someone else here know if a company make a heavy-duty 9:1 maybe a 8:1 piston for the yfm350? For runnig the turbo around 8-10 psi

For the intercooler ( if it worth it ) we can just take a small top-mount intercooler for a automotive aplicationand put it inside of the front fender (for a Rappy).

For the oil line of the turbo we can just include it in the oilcooler line (maybe put a electric pump if the stock pump is not enough flowing )?

Finally I think the only custom part of this turbo setup will be the header, but is also relatively easy ..

What you tink about it ? It's a good idea ? it worth it ?
I will continue my study on it and, try it soon as possible.
IF it's a real BANG for the BUCKs, I'll consider making more kit and sale it.

Embryonic understand my English tell me if not !

Thanks

Mickael

seems pretty impractical to me... your going to have a major issue with getting a turbo stuffed in the frame and then running a pipe from it to the carb... and then there is the whole dirt thing. anything is possible but seems like a lot of work... might be good if you were drag racing or something but what would you do for an air filter?

Use the stock air box an shorten it (Cut for make it smaler) and keep it right there.

Turbo will be at the front of the engine a lil bit on the clutch side ( not clutch lever side but internal clutch side ) . exaust pass through it and go where it goes like stock. The air sucking piping will go to the stock cuted air box( the piping will pass on the generator side ) then pass through the turbo and the the compressed air will pass by the front mount intercooler en than to the carb by the clutch side .

I'LL made a custom 6''3/4 long an 45 degrees carb boot and it should be ok.

I started to design it in autocad.

how would you keep dirt outta the turbo? or mud and water off the air filter? just playing devils advocate here... its always nice to think outside the box but then ya find stuff that isnt going to work

I think stock filter in it stock place do the job why not a shorten air box ?

nothing can get in the turbo if it no pass by the air intake and the air intake will by good.

The turbo will be half in the frame in front like you picture ans half off whit a custom sub frame whit custom fender to protect it.

Frame cuting and welding do not bother me if it keep his stock rigidity

so your going to keep the stock filter where its at, run a pipe up to the turbo and then a pipe back to the carb, all the while having an exhaust header pipe somewhere in the mix?... sounds like a nightmare... but more power to ya

DOOOO IT!!!

That looks sweet. Of course, Im kinda a turbo fanatic myself... lol

Theres bootloads of room available for the turbo and piping.
and be sure to use exhaust wrap. not only to keep the energy in the system, but more so to protect all those plastic parts n pieces...

Just take an afternoon of imaginative thinking and tinkering to get it all in there. (Of course I also have use of a pipe bender at my work, but its a crush type. Be good to get it all figured out and then order mandrel bent parts to reproduce the crush bent prototype...)

Personaly, I think I would put it in front of the engine kinda thing.
Would make it easier to do the piping n all that and mount, IMO...
and if you wanted an IC, would simplify that as well. possibly make a custom air box up under the front hood kinda thing? runn a spout/snorkel kinda dealy up towards the handle bars or something?
So many ways to do it...

The only thing I would be uncertain about is the oil feed line to the turbo. However, if people are putting on remote oil coolers, then it stands to reason theres also gonna be a way to pump oil to the turbo as well...

First thing to do before you ever start it up though, get an AFR gauge!!!!!!!

and be sure to put some form of boost control on there, IE bleeder valve or whatever to keep that thing tameable...

I wanna see pics!!! I hope ya do her up!

Id totaly do it up if I had a budget for such a thing...

I should look around and do some searching for a mini turbo...

maybe a different carb, something more easily to setup etc?

I've never delt with a blow-through carb/turbo setup up before either so I dunno...

Hmm.. Im gonna have go search for mini turbos kinda thing...

anyone know how much a exhaust gas energy a warrior puts out..??? lol

EDIT:
I change my mind.. Go draw through... lol and maybe mount the turbo on the back side.. depending... but check this out... kinda similar, without the space constraints... lol

http://www.turbokart.com/turbo_exciter.htm

This actually has been done to a warrior before.... but i have no idea where i saw it now. Arias pistons used to make custom pistons for just about anything (its where i got mine years back) However i dont know if they make warrior pistons anymore....if they do i reccomend them over JE and wiseco.

`it be sick. but why would u turbo a air cooled 350. get like the 660 or 450 something with more zap and liquid cooled. u can cool the turbo with the coolant aswell . it would be hard to keep the turbo cool with thte 350,

id think it would be cool, maybe you could run a hot rods stoker piston on a stock crank, and that would give you less compression?

3504life said:
`it be sick. but why would u turbo a air cooled 350. get like the 660 or 450 something with more zap and liquid cooled. u can cool the turbo with the coolant aswell . it would be hard to keep the turbo cool with thte 350,

Thats why you run the oil cooler mod! ;D

Back