synthetic oil

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warriorbeast87

Reaction score
hey i put synthetic oil in my warrior and now its ticking so does anyone no how i could switch back to the original motorcycle oil instead of running synthetic oil all the time now because usually if u do that then you have a use it all the time and cant switch back thanks i think the ticking is annoying and i dont think that the synthetic oil is good for the bike

They are 2 write ups on synthetic oil on Bluetraxx and Moddedraptor forums, It will not hurt your engine to go back to conventional oil. Im curious what kind of synthetic oil did you use?? Amsoil, Mobil 1, Royal Purple, ROTELLA T6,

Last edited:
I've ran the Amsoil with no issues. I'm running Rotella T6 now. I'm thinking I like the T6 better.
If you don't like synthetic just switch back to Dino oil and ride on, no big deal.

I've ran the Amsoil with no issues. I'm running Rotella T6 now. I'm thinking I like the T6 better.
If you don't like synthetic just switch back to Dino oil and ride on, no big deal.

i used pennzoil platinum 5w-30 full synthetic motor oil and my warriors engine is ticking and i thought it was the valves but i adjusted them perfect and its not my timing chain either is it normal to be ticking with this kinda oil in it Thanks guys.

Unfortunately these engines are giant ticking machines.
You may be running a little lighter weight oil than the Dino oil you had been running. This can cause some of the extra ticking.
Me personally, I wouldn't light a stump on fire with penzoil. Just don't like it.

Unfortunately these engines are giant ticking machines.
You may be running a little lighter weight oil than the Dino oil you had been running. This can cause some of the extra ticking.
Me personally, I wouldn't light a stump on fire with penzoil. Just don't like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkai2XFn1o0

heresa video of it ticking do u think that the ticking was caused by the penzzoil thanks

i used pennzoil platinum 5w-30 full synthetic motor oil and my warriors engine is ticking and i thought it was the valves but i adjusted them perfect and its not my timing chain either is it normal to be ticking with this kinda oil in it Thanks guys.

You can adjust your valves all day run run what ever oil you want to and it makes no difference my friend. The oil your using is not making it any louder it's just how the valve train is on these bikes. The only way to quite them down is with hd springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sparky is saying about the lighter oil is true. I didn't read the post where you stated what oil you were running.

Yeah, I don't like Pennzoil either. Seen it do some bad things. Ticking is normal for these. Mine sounds like a sewing machine. lol

Interesting, mine made that ticking noise and I switched to Amsoil and it got quieter. Go figure

You can adjust your valves all day run run what ever oil you want to and it makes no difference my friend. The oil your using is not making it any louder it's just how the valve train is on these bikes. The only way to quite them down is with hd springs.

Okay thanks man i hope it get little better once i change to a better synthetic oil

Okay thanks man i hope it get little better once i change to a better synthetic oil

That may quiet it down a bit I have no experience with running different oils in these bike but it freaked me out when I put my hc in and it got louder. Then I learned it was just how the valves are on these bikes. You could run the valves a little tighter and tone it down a bit I have booth of my valves set at .005 I believe and it Made them a little quieter.

That may quiet it down a bit I have no experience with running different oils in these bike but it freaked me out when I put my hc in and it got louder. Then I learned it was just how the valves are on these bikes. You could run the valves a little tighter and tone it down a bit I have booth of my valves set at .005 I believe and it Made them a little quieter.

okay thanks man

I've seen other forums on Bluetraxx about oil, I got 15w40 rotella T5. I'm going to change the oil tonight.

Back