Swingarm Bearings

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinky0099

Reaction score
I just ordered new swingarm bearings for my 2001 Warrior as mine are shot. Just wondering what to expect. Have any of you done this? Do you have any tips on it? My buddy hase a 400EX he said he had to get his pressed out with a 10 ton press. Is that the norm? I've got a riding trip planned in two weeks so I have to get this done this weekend.

It depends on how bad you let them get before you replace them. If you replace them right when they start getting loose it should be simple. If you wait until there's nothing left but little pieces, it may be a pain in the ass to get it apart. You'll just have to wait until you get it apart to see.

if your bike is older, you should probably expect to have to cut the swingarm bolt. thats how bad mine was. i pounded on that thing for hours and it wouldnt budge so i decided to just cut it and buy a new one. i think i would wait untill you have more time to replace them if i was you..

Ditto on what these guys said. If you can get the swingarm bolt out without much problem, consider yourself lucky.

Disassembly of the swingarm and rear axle carrier once a year and pack them with fresh grease is a good pm. (I haven't done the swing-arm "guilty")

Thanks for all the help. Mine are bad if you grab the swingarm by the carrier there is about one inch of side to side movement. It streched my chain so bad that it spun on the sprockets. So I just put on new chain and sprockets and I dont want it to ruin those.

While your swingarm is apart, install a grease fitting on both the swingarm and do the same for the axle carrier. You'll be glad you did.

my quad is a 2002, i had to cut the bolt, and i had to use a punch to hit the bearings out the other side, but the outer part of the bearing was still in there and fuzed to the wall of the swinger, so i had to sacrifice a screwdriver and pound it inbetween the swinger and the outer ring of the old bearing and that broke it free, i had to get a new spacer too cause mine had all sorts of gashes from the needle bearings....there were a few of the needels imbedded in the surface of the spacer......apparently i waited too long to replace them but it was only like a week after i realised they were bad that i replaced them

While your swingarm is apart, install a grease fitting on both the swingarm and do the same for the axle carrier. You'll be glad you did.
hmm. i thought they came like that..must be the last person put it there? how do you install one..i would like to put one on my carrier

ok just making sure, i wouldnt want to see some idiot the drills though bolth and threads the nipple into the spacer and carrier, that would be a mess

ok just making sure, i wouldnt want to see some idiot the drills though bolth and threads the nipple into the spacer and carrier, that would be a mess

If you could get a zerk to thread through the spacer and the carrier together I'd **** myself.

yeah thats what i was thinking.....my axle was a pain in the ass, i had to cut the carrier in half(along with everything inside it including the axle) my sprocket hub was siezed and it was not coming off at all, a month and a half later i had a sweet set up: a 99 carrier (brand new condition) 99 rotor (smaller diameter than 2002: out of the way of rocks), a 2004 axle, and a new sprocket hub with a 39 tooth sprocket, and i put a grease fitting on it.....black powdercoated swing arm and a new pivot bolt...also a banshee rear shock.....great set up in my opinion

you should disassemble the carrier when you drill anyways, that way you can be sure that no metal shavings get trapped in there. if you dont want to take it all apart, dont even bother intstalling a fitting.

Back