swingarm bearing removal

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintslinga2010

Reaction score
One of the bearings in my swingarm was so worn it peeled it out with a screwdriver and hammer. The other side still has a little meat left and I can budge the thing. Any ideas for getting whats left of this bearing out? I put the sawzall on it and it wont scratch it. Must be hardened.
Thanks

Bout the only way is to use a drift (punch) from the other side and a big hammer. Or you could use a slide hammer and maybe pull it out that way. Either way it'll prolly be a real biatch. Sorry, wasn't trying to be an ass earlier.

Its all good. I'm struggling to get anything at it from the opposite side. So I have been beating on it with a chisel directly from the side its on. I have yet to make much ground and I feel as if im messing up the swingarm itself. Just wondering if you guys have any tricks.

I'm not sure, but I think there is a lip inside the carrier that the bearing sits against, so you will have to come from the other side. Don't quote me on this.

Yea, it has to be beaten out from the opposite side. Or slide hammered from the same side.

I just took mine apart a lil while ago, reall pain in the ass. spent literally hours hitting it with a long punch n a big hammer and every other trick I had. even threw the kitchen sink at it... and the spacer was ceased to the axle -_- so a night of soaking in penetrating oil and some heat and an air chisel did the job! hope everything worked out for you

I finally got it. Beat it with a chisel til I took a big enough chunk to get pressure off it. Then basically just whacked on it until it came out in a few pieces. Marred up the swingarm some but nothing a file and sandpaper cant fix. This build is coming along. Probably should start a thread soon.

I see wat I got to look forward to I just did axle bearings and notified swing arm bearings were bad

Good god, you're all Barbaric! Use a press! Much easier than anything else!

Can get cheap ones from HF for $75. Makes life MUCH easier and bearings last longer.

A press would have been useless in this situation. It was a question about how to remove what was left of a trashed bearing. The inside of the swingarm is not the same diameter all the way through. The only option for removal was to cut it or break away with a chisel.

Back