swingarm and carrior options pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ngin

Reaction score
Hi everyone Im new here :)
I have a 87 warrior that has been rebuilt from the ground up and I was looking into purchacing a swingarm and carrior for it.
The reson for the mod is cause when I purchased it it was a basket case and I found a swing arm at the local bone yard unfortunatly it was slightly bent at the carrior and it was the only one they had. since it is bent there is hardly any adjustment for the chain.
Question is what would fit the frame without modification. other years or makes, or models. I would like to have a extended arm with the rotating carrior, but dont have $650 to get a lonestar arm.
So will any other make fit my axle and brake assembly?
Kind of looking for something a little stronger to. The engine is far from stock.

warrior1.jpg

look in the classifireds on here bomber315 is parting out a 96 sent him a pm it has a stock set up youll have to ask him if it is bent

First off, Welcome to the site man! COOL lookin war dog you got there too. Really diggin your paint scheme! Secondly, unfortunately, unless you do have the $700 to get the lonestar swinger with the floating carrier, there is no known easy swap. You can always make one from another quad but that is just askin for trouble! Check out "the swing arm shop" on eBay and get a hold of them for your extended swinger. They got for $200 and come in +2 and +4 length.

Write up a mod list if you can. I'm interested in what you got goin on there.

yeah as far as i know they one i have is fine... if you want ill check it over with a fine tooth comb and let you know whether or not it is good... like i said before im NOT looking to rip people off and ill only sell parts if i know they are in great shape... i know the bearings came apart in the carrier at one time but they replacement ones seems good and tight still... as always when the bearings blew they chewed up the inside of the carrier and the spacer that goes in there but they are usuable shape (ive seen MUCH worse).. and you could never tell from the outside anyways

bomber315 said:
yeah as far as i know they one i have is fine... if you want ill check it over with a fine tooth comb and let you know whether or not it is good... like i said before im looking to rip people off and ill only sell parts if i know they are in great shape... i know the bearings came apart in the carrier at one time but they replacement ones seems good and tight still... as always when the bearings blew they chewed up the inside of the carrier and the spacer that goes in there but they are usuable shape (ive seen MUCH worse).. and you could never tell from the outside anyways
he said (i'm looking to rip people off)
;Dlmao so funny. ;D

Were do I start??? ;D
ummm
Engine:
-bored to 357 weisco 11:1
-hot cam
-new oilpump, filter, and drive gear
-complete new clutch and basket assembly with only thick steels no thin steels used HD springs
-new clutch cable and return spring
-new cam gear chain and tensioner
-cylinder shaved to acheive .040 squish including the gasket
-exhaust bosses reinforced and stainless studs and nuts
-new drain plug
-engine has allnew gaskets
-new starter motor
-ported intake and boot
-new dealer bought valves,springs,retainers,rockers,adjusters,locks, cam bearings
YES SHE STILL TICKS :mad:
Intake:
-all dealer bought stock air cleaner assembly
-home made intake from pvc
-KFX carb and throttle assembly
-47 pilot, 160 main, 67 starter jet, needle in full up position and SHE STILL WANTS MORE FUEL :eek:
BRAKES/DRIVE:
-banshee front rotors,hubs and calipers new
-new rear brake caliper and cable
-rear brakes were bought for a newer warrior '04 cause the size was bigger then the '87 brakes
-all hubs for axle are new in cluding drive and brake
-blue o-ring chain matched gear set
-dura blue +2+4
-front brake sheilds new
-all new stainless studs and nuts, washers for wheels
-all wheel bearings and carrior bearings new
SUSPENSION:
-rear shock from rocket bike 2004
-all new control arm bushings upper and lower
-all ball joints and tie rods new

AND I BET AS SOON AS I LOG OFF I WILL REMEMBER QUITE A BIT MORE ;D
all this has been done with in the last 1.5 years

KFX carb...Really? Pleas epost up in the tutoirals section some more info on that if you can. Coolness. Also, enter you quad into QOTM for August. Nice machine you got there man!

And you live in Ohio man, Cleveland Area? that right up the street from me. We should go hit the trails sometime.

bomber315 said:
like i said before im NOT looking to rip people off and ill only sell parts if i know they are in great shape...

Dam sure gave me a deal on some parts and fast as hell shipping !

warrior392 said:
I think the kfx carb is the same as the z400 carb.

Im pretty sure you are right about that.
the only things I had to do was change all the jets and get manual choke lever on the carb, oh and get some pvc from home depo to fit the back of the carb.
As for the intake I got one from the dealer for a 2002 warrior.

psychoracing said:
Dam sure gave me a deal on some parts and fast as hell shipping !

yeah that USPS Priority Mail is fast as hell... i think they stepped up thier game in the last few years to keep alive

:eek:
hey whats up. I bounce around from forum to forum, It depends on what Im working on ;D.
Right now Im focused on my warrior so Im on here.
BTW I bought the RT rims and 32" cooper tires they look awsome on the Durango.
Hows things with you?

they are good.. lets hook up and ride somethign together id liek to see the rango and the warrior andddd i have SO much oil for the burner is peto still kickin a$$? hows the knees?

Back