Suspension upgrades

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Looking to upgrade the suspension on my girlfriend's 350 Warrior with a limited budget. I was told...... "The rear shock on the warrior is pretty good, but you can always swap it out with either a banshee shock (You'll need to modify your airbox to do that.) or an '01 raptor shock (has to be 2001, no other year works). Did the 'o1 raptorshock on my warrior and made a huge difference. Front shocks on the warrior are POS's, but can easily be remedied by swapping them with banshee shocks."

Has anyone else done these things or something similar? If so, what years fit?

I got banchee front shocks off ebay for $22 shipped. alot better then stock.

l_ead48d7b602ca1de3a63b80d90c92eb9.jpg

i might be parting out my warrior. Got fox floats on the front with a banshee shock in back and ill sell the modded air box with it too that has a uni clamp in filter in it. PM me if interested.

Looking to upgrade the suspension on my girlfriend's 350 Warrior with a limited budget. I was told...... "The rear shock on the warrior is pretty good, but you can always swap it out with either a banshee shock (You'll need to modify your airbox to do that.) or an '01 raptor shock (has to be 2001, no other year works). Did the 'o1 raptorshock on my warrior and made a huge difference. Front shocks on the warrior are POS's, but can easily be remedied by swapping them with banshee shocks."

Has anyone else done these things or something similar? If so, what years fit?

Hey, I think I'm the one who told you that, provided this is the same thread from www.thumpertalk.com . Any luck thus far in modifying the suspension?

Hey BBB,
Yeah that was you, thanks for the info. I opened up the air box, rejetted the main to a 150 and 45 on the pilot. It runs much stronger now. I had the valves adjusted, bought exhaust(slip-on w/ sparky) and 20" tires today. Will install them this weekend. Also picked up front shocks off a Banshee, from eBay, should help. Will report later.

Don't forget when you get your new exhaust you may have to rejet again. Best thing to do is to get a mikuni carb jet set, just so you have them readily available. Glad to hear your upgrading is going well.

Installed the Banshee fronts and '01 Raptor 660 rear, she rides way better now. Not much out of pocket when you sell the factory Warrior stuff too.

Back