suspension questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

americanmuscle

Reaction score
ok so iv decided to fix the warrior but keep it semi stock internally. i would like to upgrade the suspension now though. what are some good things to replace that will help me lose some weight and gain good suspension for some jumping and trail riding.

well theres not much you can do for weight. try some +2 a arms and definatly some shocks. works shocks are decent but if you get the a arms you have the option of getting yfz shocks too. as for the rear a banshee will do just fine (with slight airbox modification)

i herd about the banshee shock but i think im leaning a little towards the raptor 660 shock. i wouldnt have to modify anything from what i have read and im a bit on the larger side so i think that would be a little bit better. what do you think? i have been looking at a arms but im on a college student budget which is almost non existent so are there any cheap ones?

if your on a budjet id say go with some spacers in the front, then just do banshees in the front and raptor in the rear if your over 220lbs. the cheapest a-arms area round 400

alrighty where is a good place to order some spacers from? i cant seem to find a website with any

ebay, ask tyler about the ones he had, they seemed to be pretty tough and there really cheap, heres a link, they can be bought in 3,4,or5 in spacers

id say ebay is fine, just do buy it now, and all you have to look fo ron a shock, is no pitting or exsessive build up of oil or grease/grime

Ya on the raptor shock just take the stock shock out and put the raptor one in you use the stock warrior linkage and everything.

Hey DO NOT buy any of the ones that hawkster0001 listed it HAS to be one off a 2001 raptor 660 or it WILL NOT work.

And you will love the wheel spacers i actually took them off my warrior before i sold it and they are now on the back of my YFZ its 54 inches wide now LOL

hey tyler i started blowing tie rod ends left and right w my spacers.. maybe they were cheapos' i dunno but ever since i took the spacers off i havent had a problem... you have any problems like this?

ok tyler, i dodnt know that, good thing you mentioned that, but i thought they were all the same 01-05, whats the diff, rezzy placement

jarheadoo7 said:
hey tyler i started blowing tie rod ends left and right w my spacers.. maybe they were cheapos' i dunno but ever since i took the spacers off i havent had a problem... you have any problems like this?

you gotta use the 1.5" spacers, yours were probably too much

Back