suspension question?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judging by the thickness of the material I personally think it would hold up to lighter jumping and such. I don't think it will do well with alot of abusive riding and jumping.

I have seen some of these kits on different machines and the owners have all been happy with them. There was 1 picture with this kit on a 700R that the guy clipped a tree. He broke the usual a-arms, tie rods etc, but the kit itself withstood the impact.

I wouldn't get one of these kits, they don't have all the benefits of aftermarket stuff. Like you still have the same suspension travel, when ball joints wear out you still have to replace the whole a-arm, and you just have to take a guess at what kind of shock is going to work right, although none of them are going to be valved right for such a setup and the suspension geometry itself gets screwed around because of the shock mounts getting moved all over. For what it costs I couldn't justify one of these rig jobs when you can have the real thing for a little more. I don't think they look very good either, just looks like a redneck rig job somebody made in their garage.

Most of my 87 warrior is redneck rigged from my garage and works pretty well. Mostly because no one made the parts that I thought I needed. As for the front end widening kit, I am planning on making my own to work with a set of Raptor 700 A-arms and shocks I have. So if I see you on the trail and you have a set of them don't think I'll look down on you other than when you're rolling around laughing at all the stuff I built on my warrior.

Shannon Deese
SSgt USMC

I put one of those kits on my wifes 250ex just to make it a little more stable in corners and carrying the hills sideways. It works great for that. I tear the crap out of her quad whenever I get on it. I have aired it out several times with no problems from the kit. If your looking for better suspension or longer travel probably not your best choice, although it worked well for my situation.

Back