stupid friggen polaris!!!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd go with the esr or ct kits myself. Was more wanting to see how much truth there as to the polonda. Have only heard about it, never seen it.
It's an interesting idea..
I wonder who the person was that figured out.. "Hey look, that polaris jug bolts right on that old 250r".. :haha:
It would be cool to build one just to see what it would do. But 250r cases don't exactly grow on trees.

I wanna build another motor now myself, like a yamaha triZ 250. Or a custom built big bore..
Like this one. It's a liquid cooled 490. :tup:
YZ250 cases, a 490 crank, and 87mm piston. Custom made cylinder.
Liquid490.jpg

Liquid4902.jpg

The catch being I have nothing to put it in. lmao

Damn that thing is slick! Cross breading engines can be fun. I'm still kicking around putting a big bear crank in a warrior.

Man those are cool! I would love to build something weird like that for my warpig.

Man those are cool! I would love to build something weird like that for my warpig.
The thing about dropping a liquid cooled motor in a warrior, is that theres really no place to mount a rad.. I went threw that when I threw the 490 in mine. Thats why I went with an air cooled motor, over a more reliable liquid cooled setup.
Of course you can mount rads on your wardog, and it's been done before. But it leaves your rad very exposed.

Made some progress on the old girl last night. Got the hubs rebuilt, new CV boots installed, Fluids changed, exhaust leak fixed and new brake pads put in. Shes coming along. Now trying to bleed the brakes..........You would NOT belive the gunk that I had to flush out from the lines! Got the fronts to work ok but I have NO fluid flow to the rear. Gonna work on it again after work tonight. Prolly have to take the rear line off and put some air pressure to it to clean it out.

I got to ride this POS last night. Seems to go ok for what it is. Rides super nice. I had to do a custom rear brake line. Brakes are still not right. They work but not great. I can't get them to bleed correctly. Gotta be a leak somewhere but I can't find it. Got the four wheel drive working and the new jackshaft bearings in. Old ones welded themselves to the carrier. Making progress but not as much as I'd like.

Older Polarises are not known for their brakes. Especially the rears. They do have a wierd adjuster screw on the caliper if I'm not mistaken.

Ohhhhhh! God I feel like a dumbass! I totally forgot about that weird screw.....I'm gonna mess with that. I told myself to adjust them with that too......thanks for the reminder. Hopefully that will save me some work!

It's back together......brakes are as good as there gonna get. Still has some sort of weird knock. Not the pull start like I thought. Not sure what I'm gonna do about it yet. Might just ride it and see what happens.

Back