stumblin/poppin

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
well, i just rebuilt my carb, and she sounds sooo much healthier. runs strong except when i get one it, it wants to pop/stumble or whatever. i have the jet that came with the rebuild kit in it. here are my few mods that could affect the jetting - t-4, pro design intake, and no airbox lid. do you think that jetting is my problem? if so, i dont really want to buy a dynojet kit because i am planning on getting an edel in the near future. are you able to buy individual jets? if so, what sizes do you guys recommend? i was told before probably a 150.

the plug looks excellent. i pulled it out and compared it to the "how to read spark plugs" thread in the tutorial section. it is the same plug that i've been using for about 8 months. i'm gonna go ahead and pick up a couple of new plugs and do a plug chop. i figure with the plug i have, if it is running rich, i would be able to notice a difference while we were tuning the carb, but if it is running lean, there might not be a change in the plug. i dont know, i'm just thinking out loud. i dont want to go through a handful of spark plugs if i can do some adjusting first, and then do a couple plug chops.

to me, it sounds like it is poppin at the exhaust, but i'm not positive about that. i will have to ask pops when he gets up and i will pay more attention to it. i noticed that it acts up at about 3/4 throttle, primarily on accel.

sounds like you may be running lean... try going up a size or two on the main jet. I'm running similar mods (w/ piston, cam, P&P, etc) and my main jet is a 152 dynojet. Maybe start somewhere in that area.

If its acting up mainly at 3/4 throttle you should start with moving the neddle.

RatchRacing the warrior and rap 350 carbs are completely different so telling him what your setup is really won't help. Also the dynojet kit for the raptor only goes up to 140, where did you get a 152?

yeah, before buying anything i was gonna go ahead and move the needle. it might be a little time consuming, but hey, tweeking and tinkering is what quadding is all about.

If its acting up mainly at 3/4 throttle you should start with moving the neddle.

RatchRacing the warrior and rap 350 carbs are completely different so telling him what your setup is really won't help. Also the dynojet kit for the raptor only goes up to 140, where did you get a 152?

Its not hard to walk into the local dealer and buy the required larger jet sizes ;) think outside the "kit"

I know that the carbs are different, but that being said, my friend had a warrior with a pipe and open air box and his jetting setup was pretty close to mine. A dynojet #150/152/etc etc will flow the same in either carb.

20warrior01, check your accelerator pump also. A friend of mine had a similar problem because that curved white plastic piece was straightened out some and wouldn't push the pump rod down all the way. Also check to see if the rubber boot is on the pump rod properly.

Its not hard to walk into the local dealer and buy the required larger jet sizes ;) think outside the "kit"

I know that the carbs are different, but that being said, my friend had a warrior with a pipe and open air box and his jetting setup was pretty close to mine. A dynojet #150/152/etc etc will flow the same in either carb.
Never seen a dealer that sells individual Dynojets.

Alt makes a HUGE dif - if you have a friend local or at the same sea level and around the same temp - your jetting will be damn close to the same. 500 feet above vs 1,500 feet above will be a HUGE change.

Alt makes a HUGE dif - if you have a friend local or at the same sea level and around the same temp - your jetting will be damn close to the same. 500 feet above vs 1,500 feet above will be a HUGE change.

understood, but its a starting point at least.

20warrior01, check your accelerator pump also. A friend of mine had a similar problem because that curved white plastic piece was straightened out some and wouldn't push the pump rod down all the way. Also check to see if the rubber boot is on the pump rod properly.

[quote:5up15942]

Never seen a dealer that sells individual Dynojets. [/quote:5up15942]

well I've got them, a whole mess of them too.

as far as the accelerator pump is concerned, i did the change that i've heard people recommend. i pulled the spring out and replaced it with a spring from a ballpoint pen. the new spring is only about 1/16" longer but a little bit stronger. could that be a problem? i was told it is supposed to help with acceleration. i think my first change is gonna be adjusting the needle and then go from there.

as far as the accelerator pump is concerned, i did the change that i've heard people recommend. i pulled the spring out and replaced it with a spring from a ballpoint pen. the new spring is only about 1/16" longer but a little bit stronger. could that be a problem? i was told it is supposed to help with acceleration. i think my first change is gonna be adjusting the needle and then go from there.

I wouldn’t start messing with the accelerator pump until you get your low, mid, and high range jetting dialed in... Then id worry about messing with the accelerator pump shot since its only real purpose is to aid in quick throttle snaps and off idle throttle movements.

*Change one thing at a time

Back