Stroker Piston

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doobyboy26

Reaction score
Ok, i was out having fun on the Stroked Raptor last June and my piston blew ! I tried finding another piston for my quad but only Vertex seems to make Stroker Pistons for the Raptor 350's... I can't use another piston cause I got the HotRods stroker Crank... I also thought that you could put any 84.00 mm piston in the quad but it really needs the stroker piston to open the valves... So I guess i'm stuck using cheep ass Vertex Stroked Pistons !

Lol we told you this when you were doing the build wiseco makes them I have it in mine you can find them on ebay.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Lol we told you this when you were doing the build wiseco makes them I have it in mine you can find them on ebay.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Yeah I know... Unfortunately I had bought the parts as a kit on EBAY...

I had hope it would have at least went through my summer of riding... Now my ATV is open so no more **** will be going in there ! :argh:

You just need to get a standard Wiseco or JE piston, whichever matches your bore size. Mock assemble the engine and take a measurement of how high out of the deck the piston comes. Then call Cometic with that measurement which should correct deck height and have them to make you a base shim. Done, now you can use your Stroker crank and any off the shelf stock stroke piston of your choosing.

You just need to get a standard Wiseco or JE piston, whichever matches your bore size. Mock assemble the engine and take a measurement of how high out of the deck the piston comes. Then call Cometic with that measurement which should correct deck height and have them to make you a base shim. Done, now you can use your Stroker crank and any off the shelf stock stroke piston of your choosing.

Ok thank you very much for the tip ! I will check that out seriously ! Thanks again sir !:tup:

Talk to Jasonp about it. He has done it with a JE 12:1 85mm piston, and I believe he needed .093" worth of base gasket thickness, to raise the cylinder up to achieve ZERO deck height. He has to run race gas because of the 12:1 piston, but, you can just use the 10.5:1 piston and not have to worry about race gas.

Sweet, that'll work for ya man, it'll make for a tighter timing chain adjustment too, meaning the tensioner will be positioned a Lil differently, I'm trying to think of the best easy to explain. The spring pushes in to make the chain tight as it wears, well the spacer is going to raise the Cam position so the chain will be tighter to begin with so the tensioner will be out further.

Back