Stroker Kit Identification

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tanz45

Reaction score
Gentlemen/Ladies

Joined the site to obtain some info on these heavy pigs.

Recently purchased a 98 warrior that needs some work. Was told it had a stroker kit.

The yamaha rod is still being used, but there is a spacer on the bottom of the cylinder that is about 1/4" think. The piston is a stock style flat top piston.

Is this a Powroll kit? If not, any ideas? What type of displacement am i looking at?

Thanks

At TDC
IMG_20131016_165611_500_zpsb7f0b873.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cylinder Spacer
IMG_20131016_165601_743_zps0b4903f6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
It has to be a stroker if its like that at tdc with that big ass spacer
Definatly not a wiseco it's a cast piston in their dude.

It has to be a stroker if its like that at tdc with that big ass spacer
Definatly not a wiseco it's a cast piston in their dude.

Just need to find out what type.

Edited....I'm a tard....didn't pay attention.

Lol
The only sure way to know is to take the cylinder off and read the numbers on the crank

cast is bad! if I were you I'd swap out that piston with a Forged wiseco or JE

Lol
The only sure way to know is to take the cylinder off and read the numbers on the crank

Stock crank and rod..Will investigate more tonight..May be some engraving somewhere.

Will take some more pics later as well. Dinner with the wife and kids first.

Ok...scoped it out some more.

All stock internals and dont see any noticeable case mods. The connecting rod on teh bottom side does seem to have been shaved down though.

Stroke is appearing to be 69.85mm with a 83.5mm piston

Online calcualtor has the displacement to be roughly 383???????

Where is the calculator at do u have a link

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I wonder what type of timing chain is in there with that big bottom spacer.

Recheck your bore, that thing has been case bored and oversized sleeved. It is no way factory rod not warrior anyways. I'd bet money that's a cwr 430 motor. That looks to be a big bear or Kodak rod. Warrior rods are shaped a tad different and have "1uy" in the middle of the rod. Because that's a 7 mill stroker

The kid i bought it from said that the cylinder had been replaced with a different stock warrior one over 2 months ago but taken to first over. Said that he had blown it up and the original stroker cylinder was junk. He bought the quad as well already modded. I got this thing cheap and it has big gun exhaust durablue axle and this motor mod. Just needs some small parts that he took off for his raptor 350.

I had it running, but i tore it down because the tank drained into the cylinder and i cranked over without knowing. Gas shot out of the pipe. I torn it down to make sure i didn't Hydro lock it, bend a rode, etc....

i may be working with the village bicycle for all i know.

Thinking wiseco swap with oil cooler mod and ride it. Or is this gonna break?

*edit* I googled 4GB connecting rod and all results cam back with kodiak 400

Last edited:
yup thats a kodiak rod so you got a stoker!
do the weisco swap, get a mild port and polish done, run a big ass carbuartor, HD springs, and a decent cam and you got yourself a YFZ killer lol

Hmm I know fst and cwr both used the Kodak rods I wonder who built that thing. Anyways, dude you have a beast of a motor setting in your garage weather you realize it or not!

Sounds good to me. Gonna get some more spacers made while apart. Extras to have....

Gonna do as the 383 for now. Might go high compression....

I appriciate all your feedback.

Are there any markings on the engine at all? CWR puts a stamp on their stuff. May even want to contact Greg at CWR and see if the engine number is in his files.

Gonna scrub it down with oven cleaner this weekend. Will look for some kind of markings. So far nothing on crank, rod, or cylinder.

Back