Stripped screws

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1statv

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with removing stripped screws from the front brake reservoir?? Mine are totally stripped

I've had lots of success drilling the heads off, removing the lid, then use a pair of vise grips and turn the rest of the screw out.

Left handed bits work great. I never had any until a year ago. Haven't had to use them on a bike yet. But, use then a TON on exhaust manifold studs on customer vehicles!

I did exactly what Pat did and the head just popped off and the screws just came out with vice grips

I prefer that becuase those screws are so small that a drill bit can easily walk into the aluminum of the master. Even with center punching it. Very seldom the screw strip because they are siezed in the threads, I've found. It's usually because they are (A) so soft a metal, and (B) the stretched pressure from the cap pushing against them, holds em tight.

What size screw/type to replace it with? I'm going put a drill bit through it

I have replaced so many screws with hex heads... Tired of them stripping out when they rust... grrr

Back