Stock shifter sucks!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baja226sport

Reaction score
I am tired of either missing or getting stuck between shifts. What the hell can I do to remedy this problem?

Is it a direct mount shifter? How is the length on it? Do you have one? If so do you like it? I have also heard that a 400 ex shifter may work but don't know anyone that has one!

Yes it direct and its just about the same as stock, it sits a little closer to the motor but you can bend it slightly.

If you have the big bear oil cooler setup check out my page in the tutorials. The big bear setup and the pull starter require a different setup.

The shorter the lever the better, the key is to just take it off the splines and raise it a little so your boots fit under it with ease. With a shorter lever you also don't have to raise your foot up and 'stomp' onto the shifter to downshift when in a high gear, that really helps in the rough ****.

I'll give it a shot. I was just having a hard time fitting my size 12 boots under there. I'll see how far I can raise it.

anyone want to buy the yz shifter? It won't work because I have that damn pull start!

Back