stock jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
42.5 pilot, 145 main, 3 notch on the needle, 2.25-2.5 turns out on the mixture screw I'm pretty sure.

OK thanks. If when I hit the throttle it revs a little then the Rome dive down and it just bogs does that mean its lean or rich? It idles fine so the pilot jet is good I think. I was thinking the main is too small and starving it for fuel as you push the throttle and let more air in.

Not sure what you mean by "Rome dive down". If you mean when you hit the throttle and in has a flat spot and the engine wants to die, then you have a lean condition. If you hit the throttle and it surges and sounds "bound up" it is rich. To adjust the midrange you have to move the jet needle up to richen, or down to lean.

If you push the throttle to the stops and the bike surges and has black smoke coming from the tail pipe then the main jet is too big and it is rich. Be sure to check all intake componants for leaks. Make sure you are not getting unwanted air.

It was supposed to say Rev not Rome. If I push the throttle at all it leans out like its not getting enough fuel. Even if I pin it it doesn't Rev and that means the main jet is too small too right?

are you sure the parking brake and clutch safety switches are working cause my 01 wouldn't rev so I unpluged the 2 safety switches on the clutch perch and bypassed them and it revved fine after that

X2 on his probs with mine, clip on 3, screw 2 turns out, (95) ill know more tomorrow better......goin 4 1st real ride:atv:

well i tore the carb off a bunch of time cleaned it adjusted it still wouldnt rev. it turns out that the parking brake cable was pulled and didnt release back so i pushed it back and disabled it.

Told you that was the problem those damn safety switches are pointless and a pain if you don't know about them.lol

This switch got me out in the middle of the desert. Pain in the &%^$%$. Rejetted my '89 to 132.5 on the main and runs great at 5000 ft. Any advise for the pilot setting?

Back