still having issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's always an option, but the spark plug hole is small as hell to see much. Was the timing off when you got it? I only ask because you did say in your list of thing you've done that you set the timing. Did you reuse the old chain?

That's always an option, but the spark plug hole is small as hell to see much. Was the timing off when you got it? I only ask because you did say in your list of thing you've done that you set the timing. Did you reuse the old chain?

I ment, feel if something is hitting or binding.

That sounds like gas right. Spray carb cleaner in your carb. If u have an air compressor blow out the carb. I do that to mine and it starts right up.

I would do a leak down test before tearing it appart.

What was this guys problem in the first place? haha

lol to late pulled it all apart, problem when i bought was told it needs a timing chain well ive repalced all the electrical and just now bought a timing chain.

like i said earler i was told i need a timing chain. I adjusted the timing cause it was set opposite on the cam gear the key way was pointing to the bottom not the notch on the top and yes i used the old chain but i bought a new one i hope to put on tomorrow.

as for valves and such i cangt see any cracks or bends everything seems to be sitting decent the only thing i noticed. on the cam gear if the key way is set to the top there is play i can turn it about 1/4 turn if its set to the bottom there is no play in it at all does this make sense

is there a step by step write up w/pics on how to replace the timing chain i found the manual but the pics arent vefry clear and those six bolts are a PITA

Last edited:
Well replaced rings and new chain new tensioner still nothing though the bottom of my carb is leaking like a siv

That what I said early take the carb and ex. out and turn engine manually and check if valve opens and fully close every cycle.

Back