Steering stem issue

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

151RACING

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently acquired a warrior frame in which the year is unknown there's no vin and the frame is bare I'm trying find out wht steering stem I need for it it's got a hexs before the bearing and my bent steering stem off my 97 won't fit. Can I pop the bearing out and use the old one also? Any thing will be helpful thanks

Hi guys,

I recently acquired a warrior frame in which the year is unknown there's no vin and the frame is bare I'm trying find out wht steering stem I need for it it's got a hexs before the bearing and my bent steering stem off my 97 won't fit. Can I pop the bearing out and use the old one also? Any thing will be helpful thanks

Its a first gen then a 87 and the newer warriors wont fit the have a thicker spline I beleave from the pics I looked at I may be wrong but its prob a 87

Well that's wht I thought also but the head light mount is up top like the 90s style which is wht throws me off cuz I have two other warriors 97 and 2003 and neither one will work

Well that's wht I thought also but the head light mount is up top like the 90s style which is wht throws me off cuz I have two other warriors 97 and 2003 and neither one will work

Wow thats weird Im sure someone knows on here and can help you sorry I cant!:argh:

You have a 2nd Gen. 87 had a brass bushing and zerk fitting to grease it. Has it's own, stand alone stem for it. No stem from the other years will fit. 88-04 and the rappy 350 all have the same set up with the bearing and nut. Your stem should go in without a problem.

Well then you might have a stem for another quad not the warrior then like Pat said they all fit but the 87..

Well guys the hex unscrewed I didn't realize this till after I cut it out so I'm gonna try and find a replacement one and go from there

I actually made a bushing and used an 87 stem on my 02 Warrior and it worked great. You definitely can't use the newer stems on the 87, though. Something is not right with the bearing or something if your stems won't fit.
Here is a pic of the bottoms of the stems:
warrior_web_25.jpg

The one on the left is the 87 and the one on the right is the 88-2004 Warrior. I think the one on the right will also fit the 05 and up Raptor 350 but the handle bar mount is different on the Raptor 350's.

Last edited:
Yea that's wht I thought but I found a bearing on EBay that eliminates all that and it bolts on idk if its the right way to go or not

Back