stator problems

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akbnkb

Reaction score
whats up guys? im having an electrical problem,when i first got my warrior it had a short where the pick up coil wires come out of the case not the gen wires but they come out the same place.well then when it happend it would die all the time. and i learned if if when i was on the bike and leaned down and pushed the wires forward it would start and run fine, if i moved them back it would die. so i took the cover off, busted out the soldering iron and i replaced the wires from the pickup coil to its plug.(i soldered the connections and heat shirnked them) put it back together and it ran great for about a 2 weeks - month and now its doing it again!i ran them back through the gromet so i dont know what the deal is.i dont know if they r geting to hot and melting or what.i thought it could also be the cdi box ******* up becuse after it has ran for awhile the wires get pritty warm-hot but only by the case. any one else have this problem? oh yea the guy that had it befor me had the same problem but they didnt replace the wires, just taped them. so this is the 3rd time this has happend WTF? i want to fix it but im afraid it wont last any longer than the last time.is my bike over heating? and melting the wires? HELP THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

i think i know what ur talkin about cz my pick up coil went bad and i would try and go and it would sputter alot and not really go anywhere and then finally it just wouldnt start but i also learned that when u put a new pick up coil on there DOUBLE (at least) heat shrink where u solder it back together becuase it will melt easy and when the oil gets in there itll short it out.

Back