Stator/Engine Cover..what yrs?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtstalker

Reaction score
I'm needin a new/used stator cover for my '01 warrior. Mines got a few leaks from being cracked, from getting tightened up too tight(my fault). Are they interchangeable thru out the years or only certain years where the same?

they are all the same except maybe the 87-88 ones but don't quote me on it

I wasn't sure on the 1st gen ones Tony cause don't the stators on em have 2 pick ups 1 on top and 1 on the bottom?

I wasn't sure on the 1st gen ones Tony cause don't the stators on em have 2 pick ups 1 on top and 1 on the bottom?

Yes they have 2 pickups, but they are mounted both in the same place as the later singles. I had the old 98 and my current motor (that's in the 99) that is an 87 at the same time. They are identical. Sometimes the way I built Jar-Jar comes in handy for knowing things!!! Lol

And I need to get a new stator cover for the same reason, couple of the mounting points cracked on mine to. I lathered liberally some rtv to get me by and it worked.

Last edited:
mine on #5 cracked by the bolt in front of where the stator wires come out been like that for 2 years now I did the same thing rtv smeared in the crack I switched it out after the original one cracked in the same place and as I was snugging up that same bolt on the replacement CRACK! same **** I made sure the old gasket was cleaned off the case good and everything and smoothed the surfaces out and it still cracked again

The side covers are the same, the actuall stator itself is different in size. Very hard to tell unless you look closely. I compared a 87 and 99

Ok, thanks folks! I cracked mine after taking it off about 10000 times in a few days, chasing down gremlins after a top end rebuild. I've got rtv sealant and some jb weld on it, and it's doing pretty good. It only leaks a small bit out of a few spots, nothing major. Minor **** like that just drives me crazy.

Ya me to, I didnt discover mine till a couple days before my ill fated memorial weekend. No time to get a cover, so I rednecked it to get by!! LOL

Back