starting/running problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01warriorguy

Reaction score
Okay i know there are a few starting problem topics here already, but everyone seems to be able to get it running by push starting it and it runs good, my story is a little different. No electric start, the solenoid just clicks, i still have all my lights and everything but nothing will turn over. I can get push started and it will run, but it runs, but most of the time after i get it running it starts sputtering and eventually dies out and stalls. At first i could crank it over with the elec start after getting pushed started and charging the battery up (so i thought anyway) but eventually it stopped being able to do that as well. First thing im gonna check just because its the easiest is my battery, but this does not solve my running problems, i gotta get a new plug wire as well hopefully this helps, but does anyone have any ideas for my problems, thanks in advance

sounds like a crapo battery...check all your battery wiring,relays soulenoid and unhook everything and apply dialectic grease then plug back together...but put a new battery in and go from there sounds like it wont hold charge at all...

see thats the first thing im going to check because yes it does act like the battery wont hold a charge, but why would all my lights be able to work at the same time, also would the battery not being able to power the ignition properly cause it to run the way it is

thats what im not sure about...lol thats why id get a new battery then see what happends, if it still does it then you take it to the next step. i think i had a similar prob but its been so long i cant remember.

91warrior357 said:
thats what im not sure about...lol thats why id get a new battery then see what happends, if it still does it then you take it to the next step. i think i had a similar prob but its been so long i cant remember.

well personally I would have the battery load tested to see if it is good before replacing it as then you're not dumping $40-70 bucks down the drain.
If the charging system is working properly then the engine should run ok. It's hard on the electrical system as the battery acts as a damper to electral loads but still.
Do the lights go completely out when pushing on the starter button?

After getting the bike running and have it die I would open the float bowl screw and see if any fuel comes out of carb.. might be a needle valve sticking on the float.
Also could be the igntion coil going bad.
Could be something in the charging system not working like stator, rectifier or maybe a bad wire/connection. (if the battery is dead or going and the charging system isn't working)

yea i know im going to have to check all of that when i get some time i hate electrical problems lol thanks for the info though

Two weeks ago I had similar trouble withe the starter and the lights - Awesome lights , but the starter would crank so slow that I thought the battery was dead. Turnns out the starter itself was shot. I replaced the starter and have had no trouble since. You cann get a cheapo starter on ebay for about 50 bucks plus shipping , but if your starter is bad for sure then I would buy a good one. Hope that info helps ya.

Hey thanks for the help everybody, i guess i should have posted this a while ago so i wouldnt waste anyones time anymore trying to solve my problem but it was the starter i put a different one in probably about a month or so ago lol starts good now, runs good for a while until it gets hotter and then it still sputters and what not, i think this maybe a jetting problem but im not sure, i did take the carb off and clean it all out and everything even though it was the cleanest carb i have ever seen apart in my life, not sure what else could be wrong

Back