Starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lieuht

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a 94 warrior with a starting issue the push button start just doesnt work at all if i hit it the solenoid clicks. Changed the solenoid and it still does the same thing but if i cross the solenoid it turns over. I pulled the button off and cleaned it but it still just makes the solenoid click. Not sure if someone changed the wiring harness but it looks rigged.

Last edited:
You probably need to replace the starter motor carbon brushes. Try to engage 1st gear, push your quad a bit and then try to start it normally.
I had the same problem :)

:eek:Gross, that harness needs some TLC, and some looms

You probably need to replace the starter motor carbon brushes. Try to engage 1st gear, push your quad a bit and then try to start it normally.
I had the same problem :)

Its a possibility, im not sure how old the starter is but ill definatly try this after i change my timing chain over the weekend.

:eek:Gross, that harness needs some TLC, and some looms

Ya thats when i first got the bike about 5 months ago i wrapped all the wiring up and looked for cuts but didnt see any wires that were grounding out. I got the bike for 400$ with a extended swingarm stage 2 cam a 39mm slide carb and a fmf exhaust so i wasnt to worried about the crap wiring job :tup:

Back