Starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1995Warrior350

Reaction score
Hey guys I bought my 95 warrior and it didn't run was told it was the Cdi box took the guys word and I did a ohms test on the box pin to pin and found some shorts so I replaced with ricks hot shot Cdi put it in turned it over didn't start (no spark) then traced my wires to a problem I found at the stator wires all frayed and everything I said screw it then ordered a new one put that in today now I have spark when turned over..... Now I have spark sprayed startin fluid in it turned it over get like a put and some smoke out the exhaust and out the carb .... I'm thinkin 1. ithor carb not tuned in 2. It isn't on time 3. Not sure if the bike has a decompression valve didn't look kinda have up because it got dark

Last edited:
Ok cool thanks guys ill check it out Tomorrow thanks for the ideas ill let you know how it turns out

What kind of spark? nice solid blue?
If soDo a compression test.
Maybe bent valve.
Someone had something similar about a week ago. We got to talking about how many time these spark per cam revolution and suck.
Had similar symptoms as you.
I'll look it up

Back