Starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imreallyquick

Reaction score
Ok...let me start off with what happened first...i just finished building my warrior i put it all back together after over a year and i was trying to start it up today for the first time and it finally started to run and then all i could hear is the starter spinning still with the motor so i let it for about 3 seconds and it quit doing it and started to run normal and then it died because i forgot about the choke and then i went to start it again and it wasnt turning over, it was just the starter spinning the starter spins clockwise and im thinking its trying to start the motor backwards now, i have no idea whats going on with it now...so if you can think of something let me know please...thanks

I dunno.
Maybe got in a bind and sheared some teeth off the starter????????
I don't believe it would have started the first time spinning backwards. It could be ugly though if the motor was spun backwards.

well what i was thinking is the starter was spinning normally until it started and it sounded like the starter just let go completly and it was running normal and then it died from no choke so i thought maybe it was spinning the starter too fast and now it reversed polarity maybe??? it is hitting the flywheel and everything it sounds like it has a one way bearing and its just spinning the motor backwards...i dont know if this makes sense to u but i am thinking thats it

Sounds like it has to be something in the starter clutch.
I don't think it would reverse the polarity of the magnets in the starter.
Have you tried to bump start?

haha that is going to be the next idea...but is the starter clutch in the starter itself??? if it is i have another starter i can use, i just have to use the magnets off the new one for my old one

haha alright...thanks a lot...im going to look at it...im thinking its the one way bearing gone bad...so its just spinning like its on backwards...im taking it back into the shop in a couple weeks to have them look at the motor because they put the bottom end together

Back