starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior333

Reaction score
when i hit the start button i get nothing i put mine on my dads worked fine i put his on mine nothing i tried to hot wire it nothing i cleand the connections in the back by the solenoid still nothing but if i jump the solenoid with a screw driver works great i can also roll start it and it will run good

Could be either a bad solenoid or a broken wire between the solenoid and starter button. Since you have a known-good machine to work with, i'd start by switching out the solenoids and see what happens. Make sure you disconnect your battery first, it wouldn't be good to get a live battery cable against the grounded frame.

well if my starter solenoid was bad woulnt jumping it not work

You're just jumping it staight across the 2 big terminals on the solenoid, right? That bypasses your solenoid, and the current flows through your screwdriver instead.

i did that today nothing when i was changing them i seen a wire that looked like it wasnt all the way hooked up so i pulled on it and the wire came out of the connection so i tried connecting the two wires together with a new connector but after a couple wheelies it wouldnt start so i took it apart and the positive cable on the battery side was loose so i put a new one there and connected the fused connection strait with the connector that screws on to the solenoid and from what i can tell it works great thanx for the help

+ Karma to YamaRider. Another round of good advise. Never steering his Warrior brothers wrong.

Back