Starting problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbogosia

Reaction score
My warrior is having trouble starting. Neutral light comes on and when I press start I can hear a buzzing coming from a relay that is under the rear fender. Sometimes if I wiggle some of the battery or relay wires it starts but it is getting worse. I took all the wires off and cleanded everything with electrical cleaner and it still failed. I also checked a fuse that was back by the relay and it looks good. Could I simply need a new relay or do I have bigger problems like my start switch/starter?

After looking at my manual it is the starter solenoid making the buzzing/clicking noise.

i no exactly whats wrong

its ur battery its either dead or bad it makes that nosie when its too low to turn the stater over

try hooking another power source up to it and it should start right up

Hmmm. What can I hook it up to. I have one of the plug in wall chargers.

well if that wall charger has a setting for starting it up you can try that

or you could jump it from a car

and if your battery is just dead you could try charging it for a while and then try to start it and see if it turns over at all

Alright, I plugged my charger up and while it was plugged up I tried to start it and it started right away! Battery is charging right now. Hopefully it holds a charge.

yeah that happened to mine once and i just tryed the battery and started right up

my battery actully just went bad so it happens all the time now

glad it works

It is always the most simple thing. LOL I don't get these batteries. If this has been happening fairly often I assume my battery is going bad. How long can you get out of a battery and about how much are they?

well i just ordered one off of rocky moutain atv .com and it was $26 and it comes with the acid so i dont have to go to the dealer to pick it up

mines been doing that for about a year now but i was trying to go as long as i could intill i had to buy a new one but it just finaly died on me.

I'll probably go to rocky mtn and order one just so I have it for when the time comes.

Back