Starting on repairs long over due....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtrider73068

Reaction score
Well I got my wardog moved from my dads to my place and start to work on repairs that are long over due and some mishaps that need fixed. I know before I go ride next my chain and sprockets need replaced, I found my front had a tooth broke and are very worn to a sharp point, the rear had a tooth broke and looks to at the point of been very worn.

Next and starting now I got some mishap repairs I am working on, first is the bumper thats bent to hell from a front impact, the main part is fine but the mount are bent one is bent all the way to the bumper another bent a little, and one of the bolts was pulled out of the frame part. I think I might be able to cut that part of weld a new nut in place and put another bolt in it, or drill through the frame and run a bolt all the way through. The hood is crack in a couple places, have a guy at work thats has a plastic welder so going to see if he weld it back up. Next is the headlights this is gonna be a pain. The part on the frame is bent the cage around headlights is bent, and the headlights them selfs are crack and busted inside there housings due to one impatient new rider and doing a rollover not once but twice. One I can still use another the aim adjuster is busted off. But I thought the headlight lens were glass, but alas not so they are freaking plastic so in come my buddy with the plastic welder.

Last on the list which I worked on some tonight is my new rear brake light. I busted the stock one all to hell when I had to move our trailer around since it was muddy. Well I went to harbor freight and got a 4 inch led brake light and the mounting bracket, and will have it bolted in place of the stock one. I can tell you from testing the light its bright as ****, even in daylight. Will try to get some pics of it and my wardog, won't be good since I got parts off of it.

After or in the mean time I plan on taking the carb off, and going through it looking and inspection for anything wrong or dirty. ALso going to try the clicker pen spring mod. One thing about that I wondered what if instead of that spring there was something solid so when you hit throttle you had instant response or would that not work? Has anybody tried a more stiffer spring to see if it that made a difference? Once I get all these done I may be looking at testing the market and sell it and move up to a 400ex which I like, they are lighter and seem alot faster than these tanks.

awesome that your getting your hands dirty again! one thing though, i wouldnt run a bolt all the way through the frame for the bumper, if you do that and end up hitting something your going to bend the frame instead of the bumper. just weld up new mounts to it, especially if your going to sell it!

Yea thats what I was afraid of, so will have to cut off the mounts and weld in some new nuts and weld them back on the frame.

Well got the bumper with a guy at work he gonna work on it and get it bent back out, I am going to try and cut the top front mounts off and weld in new nuts and install new bolts, may go with grade 8 or some high strength, but then again rather the bolt break off.

I got my brake light mod done, its bright as hell, got some pics will post them later but here is a link to what I put on. http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-submersible-led-stop-turn-trailer-tail-light-93263.html even with just lights on its pretty bright, then I used this bracket to hold it, http://www.harborfreight.com/tail-light-bracket-66527.html then used a mattress bed frame for some angle iron bolted it on. The best part is I used the same kind of connectors as stock so if somebody wants the stock light back on all you do is unhook it put the stock light and bracket on go.

After that I messed with my headlights, I didn't have hi beam and found out why, the switch inside is messed up a part is broke and wasn't makeing contact, piddled with it got it working will see if it stays that way, if not back apart it comes.

Now looking at this weekend takeing carb off and cleaning it up adn going through it just to make sure everything is in order and clean the inside if it needs it. Is there anything I need to look for when pull this off? Whats the easiest way to take the carb off? I also found my K&N filter to be pretty dirty and the outwears filthy, even inside the air box was dusty so it will all get a cleaning.

Back