Starting my build! Any input is great

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johann1426

Reaction score
2003 yamaha warrior 350

Okay so I'm ordering parts from bikebandit.com so far in my shopping cart I have a 83mm (standard) wiseco high performance piston kit, stage 1 hot cams, clutch kit, wiseco cam chain. Anything else I should get that's NEEDED???....

I have a DG rcm 2 full exhaust fresh carb rebuild "need bigger main jet though) but my machine is smoking when first started what should I be replacing or fixing? Will what I'm getting already fix the problem? I really need some help here thanks everyone. Please feel free to call or text me 608-446-1426

Smoking on startup is almost always valve related. You are going to want to at least lap your valves and install new valve seals in order to fix your problems.

if it is smoking on start up and only till it gets warmed up it is valve seals but if it is all the time it is rings which you are getting a piston kit any way

and you will need all top end gaskets to and you will want to get a outer cam bearing so you dont have to worry about destroying the bearing when you are trying to get it off the stock cam.

and to do the cam chain you will need a fly wheel puller they are like thirty bucks i will find a link for a website for you.

or instead of buying a flywheel puller you can make one.i will find the thread on here for it and post a link in a little bit also.

Thanks for the feed back has anyone done the hotcams wiseco high comp piston and do they make a big diffrence? I'm going to do it anyway but just seeing

i have a stage one hot cam and a stock compression wiseco stock compression stock bore piston and it runs great you can really tell the difference with the cam.

i wish now i would have done the high compression now because i want more power but i will probably do that when i get my head port and polished.

I went with 83.5 high performance high compression piston kit L.A sleeve cylinder dynojet jet kit uni 2 stage air filter no cam yet because it was just out of my budget.... but now I want to mess with my sprockets and stuff..... I have 20x10-9 cheng shing ambush tires on itp ss112 black rims and I'm looking for a little more low end/torque how should I go about changing the sprocket sizes. 1 less in front more in back? I don't remember how it goes did a little gts "Google that ****" and just found what other people did for there tire sizes etc.... lmk what you guys think thanks

Back