starting issues

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayrowj

Reaction score
well ok i did a oil change so i let it run 15 mins but it shut down by its self so i changed the starter becuse no spark and ingion coil and starter relay, now i have a no crank or nothin when i push the start button. now it started but it seems like when it gets warm it shuts down so i dont know where to start now any help/

the stator? or starter? sounds like somthing is shorting when it gets to operating temp. and BTW welcome!

Welcome! Did it run good before you changed the oil?

i checked everything new battery, new starter, new coil,new relay, i am gone to change the stator and see what it does

yes it ran good after oil change then all this happins i let it run about 15 mins after i did the oil change then it shut off bye its self

You need to ohm the stator first to be sure, less you don't mind throwing parts at it.

when it warms up it cuts out, which is usually the stator. could be somthing else and yea i agree it should be tested first.

I actually thought CDI first but didn't want to say bc it is kind of a last place to look really...ohm test your stator and pick up coil first and look for loose connestor and loose ground wire. then go from there. Stators aren't cheap and neither is a CDI. A LOT cheaper if ya found a loose wire but just gotta give electrical a good look through and dialetric grease a connectors while your in them.

bad starter? Do ya get a click when you press the electric start? try jumping the selenoid with a screwdriver

He said it starts but shuts down at the end of his post. I agree with your theory beast, but he still needs to test.

holy chit we have gone through this exact problem like 80 times since i joined! when it warms up and just shuts down it it almost always the stator! yes he still does need to test!

holy chit we have gone through this exact problem like 80 times since i joined! when it warms up and just shuts down it it almost always the stator! yes he still does need to test!

Well then maybe we should sticky it and encourage new guys to use the search feature, so we don't have to go through it all the time.

i have seen CDI boxes go bad more than stators at my time working in the shop, much easier to start with multimeter readings of coils/stator and go from there if you can get her cranking tho...

i am waiting on a stator it will be here on the 14 from ebay cdi box good, starter is good everything is good the only thing left is the sator tks beast i checked the ohms bad reading tks again

Last edited:
Back